PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.

safcforever
05-15-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm new to the forum and new to fishing. I'm looking for somewhere to fish for trout and pike or walleye. I've heard there's a lake on the way from medicine hat to lethbridge. I've fished the bow on that road (bit let down) but someone told me there's a lake further up.

Can anyone help me what the name might be? Or if there is any around that area that will be good

pikergolf
05-15-2012, 09:31 PM
There's lots of lakes close to the hiway from Medicine Hat to Lethbridge, do you live in Lethbridge4 or Medicine Hat? and how far can you travel?

safcforever
05-15-2012, 09:45 PM
There's lots of lakes close to the hiway from Medicine Hat to Lethbridge, do you live in Lethbridge4 or Medicine Hat? and how far can you travel?

Medicine hat. I can travel but would rather keep it close. Wanna try and keep it secluded too if possible. Like I say I've drove under the bridge over the bow (the railway bridge just off the highway). Do you know where's good? We don't own a boat so it's casting from shore for us.

pikergolf
05-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Trying to make sense of where you are fishing at, in the city? The bow river is about 40 miles from the hat and the hi way to Lethridge is not really that close. The river through Medicine Hat is the South Saskatchewan. There is a decent pike Lake about a 20min. drive west of the city off of the no. 3 hi way on the way to Lethbridge. It's called Murry Reservoir, you travel past the village of Seven Persons and take the first road south, it's Range Road 75, the roads are marked with little signs on the hi way. 5kms down this road f you look west you will see a dam, just a wall of dirt, if you cross a creek you went just a little bit to far, the entrance is at 5KM, just drive up to the dam and fish off of it. The best fishing seems to be around the spillway, and the fishing should start to pick up the the hot weather we've had, around the end of June the water gets a little skunky there. There are more Lakes further west and there is a decent one a little closer to the city, Rattlesnake Dam, good pike and whitefish, I can get you directions if you like or you can go on google earth and follow the river upstream from Medicine Hat. The lake is close to the river about 20km out, find a road and backtrack it to the city. Good Luck!! and have fun.

slivers86
05-15-2012, 11:33 PM
safc, I don't know the area or not, but i've heard of good trout fishing south of medicine hat in some of the cypress hills resevoirs.

Also - edit your profile with a location, can sometimes help people in giving you directions on where to go :)

Welcome to AOF - I'm sure you will meet a ton of great people here.

Use the search function as your friend, a TON of hits will come up in the advanced section if you pick 'fishing forum' and type in medicine hat :)

pikergolf
05-15-2012, 11:43 PM
Oh and there's a really good trout lake about 20km east of the city, fishing is crazy good there right now. Just travel east on hi way no. and turn south at the Cavan Lake turn off, there is a sign, then about 5km south to the lake. The fish are still shallow so you will be able to catch them from shore, as the water warms it'll get a little harder to do.