PDA

View Full Version : A Question About Carburn and It's Ponds

spaghetti
05-15-2012, 11:40 PM
So guys,

I might be going off to Fish Carburn park Tommorow and I've been wondering about something: I've only heard about people catching fish in the third pond that connects to the bow river.

And to be entirely honest; the only fish I've caught 'was' from the third pond.

Do the other two even have any catchable fish?

I've seen schools of minnows/fry and a few fingerlings in the first pond but nothing in the second one.

I've also kept hearing rumors of nothing but nasty winter kill in the second pond.

slivers86
05-15-2012, 11:43 PM
i know the furthest one from the river is an absolute no, but i've heard rumors about the middle pond, none recently however

climid
05-16-2012, 12:54 AM
supposely theres pike in the closer 2 but wasnt there a disscussion about a possible winter kill?

RHJ
05-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Where exactly is the 3rd pond? Was there last weekend and forts pond has a little island 2nd pond is bigger where is the 3rd? Thanks

Calgaryguy1977
05-16-2012, 11:17 PM
I can confirm I caught a pike in the middle one the summer before last (small pike).....it also contained very very small perch at the time but I imagine it may have winterkilled. There was a post some time back about a real bad winter kill on those ponds in the last year or two.

spaghetti
05-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Where exactly is the 3rd pond? Was there last weekend and forts pond has a little island 2nd pond is bigger where is the 3rd? Thanks

Lol, all you had to do was keep walking the path and you would have found it.

It was just on the far end of the park- if you drove over the bridge you would have seen it from the road.