PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Montana

Bfishin
05-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Thought I would let you all know how we made out down south and thank all who gave their suggestions as to where to fish.
We ended up talking to the guys at Snappys Sports Center in Kalispell and ended up at Rogers Lake for some Grayling on the fly rods.
My bud and I are beginners in the fly fishing department but after a day of plentifull 12-14' Grayling we have become a bit more comfortable.
This lake is ice cold and with the C&R that is practiced by everyone it will be a great producer for years to come.
I managed a couple pictures as we were pretty busy releasing fish all day..
We also tried the north end of Whitefish lake for bulls and jacks but despite no luck we had a great day on the lake.
I will attempt to upload a couple pictures for first time.. Cheers

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii626/bfishin1/Rogers%20Lake/P5130021.jpg

http://i1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii626/bfishin1/Rogers%20Lake/P5130020.jpg

bloom
05-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Is this the Rogers Lake in Glacier National Park? Hike in?

pike_king780
05-16-2012, 06:08 PM
nice job! i have friends in kalispell Id love to go visit sometime!! :bad_boys_20:

Bfishin
05-17-2012, 06:41 AM
Is this the Rogers Lake in Glacier National Park? Hike in?

This is about 16 miles west of Kalispell and then a short drive on gravel. very accessable but not a lot of pressure. It's no wonder because there is a lot of other fishing opportunities in that area.. Little piece of paradise..

RiverCityRebel
05-17-2012, 10:39 AM
I've heard excellent things about some of the smaller lakes east of Browning.... huge trout to be caught. I'll be trying it out this summer for sure!

slivers86
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM
When I drove through last week, the river between helena and GF (Missouri is it?) looked fantastic. I was drooling driving by it... it was like saying goodbye to your childhood dog... heartbreaking!

Daceminnow
05-17-2012, 09:15 PM
cool. you got any better photos of those awesome looking fish? thanks.

Dace

Bfishin
05-18-2012, 06:46 AM
cool. you got any better photos of those awesome looking fish? thanks.

Dace

Sorry, they didn't wanna lay still long enough to get a good picture. Even though they seemed played out at the boat, soon as I got them netted they kicked up a horrible fuss. Got them back in the water soon as possible. Don't know how it must feel coming out of that 40 degree water into 85 degree sunshine. I know doing the opposite made my legs numb in about 30 seconds and I kicked up a fuss.:lol: