PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Calgary this weekend...

silverdoctor
05-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I may be in Calgary over the long weekend, need to pick up rest of my fishing gear that I left stored there. How's the bow looking? Runoff started yet or is it looking good?

I'm craving some time with the flyrod, haven't had a sniff on any water since leaving last week.

DiabeticKripple
05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
water vis is best ive seen it all year. about 4-5 feet. at southland dog park

densa44
05-16-2012, 05:18 PM
It is clouding up fast, 1720 hrs, Wed.

DiabeticKripple
05-16-2012, 05:51 PM
should say that was yesterday, dont know about today

walking buffalo
05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Runoff is on it's way.

There has been a huge amount of snowmelt in the mountains over the last couple of days.

The Elbow river above the reservoir was green this morning, and brown this afternoon.

Don't let high dirty water keep you from fishing the Bow. The runoff will push the post-spawn rainbows back downstream, hungry and very close to shore.

silverdoctor
05-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Runoff is on it's way.

There has been a huge amount of snowmelt in the mountains over the last couple of days.

The Elbow river above the reservoir was green this morning, and brown this afternoon.

Don't let high dirty water keep you from fishing the Bow. The runoff will push the post-spawn rainbows back downstream, hungry and very close to shore.

high and dirty won't keep me from fishing, just curious to know how it was looking... I remember how it blew out last year, just making sure it's not like that yet