PDA

View Full Version : Appropriate Sacrifice for Cold Lake

thorne
05-17-2012, 03:12 PM
So, the deal is I can only get fishing on Saturday, so me and my trusty first mate have set out sights on Cold Lake. Now we are both very competent fishermen, and mariners. We don't mind a bit of rain, or some waves. We do know however when to call it and get off the water and head to the Pub (Nature trumps ego any day).

Question is......What is the going sacrifice to bribe the weather gods these days? I mean are we looking at a few chickens, a goat prehaps....? So if anyone is up on their Voo-Doo which craft kinda thingy...let me know. I don't mind a little rain, but a nice sunny day sure would be nice! Oh and if you have happens to have been on Cold the past few days a quick update would be appriciated. For all the Trolls.....don't worry I'll throw you a bone on Sunday with our report. Tanks all!

Jamie Black R/T
05-17-2012, 03:41 PM
go and spend a mint on extreme weather gear....should make the clouds part and have you sunburned by noon

thorne
05-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Ya...did that.....really banking on the "If ya got it, ya won't need it" Theory!

doublehaul
05-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Ya like they said.
I did that and bought the gear and took it back cause I didn't use it.

Toirtis
05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
So, the deal is I can only get fishing on Saturday, so me and my trusty first mate have set out ...

Question is......What is the going sacrifice to bribe the weather gods these days? I mean are we looking at a few chickens, a goat prehaps....?

I suggest your first mate...with a black-handled kris...at first light....plus two cigars and a bottle of rum.

Geezle
05-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Sacrificed a few bottles of Pil...beyond that I'm out of ideas :confused:

"Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep the us from the lakers." :sHa_shakeshout:

YeeHaw
05-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Agree with Geezle, Half can of Pil in the lake, (or half a bottle is better), before you launch or cast a line is good for fishing and usually good for weather.

SonnyJ
05-18-2012, 09:43 PM
You gotta sacrifice a virgin to the fish gods...but good luck in finding one of those..lol:)