PDA

View Full Version : help me decide

Gust
05-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Cant make up my mind,,, nice trout but finicky or big pike with chance of big walleye?? I am staring at my rods and cant think of what to tackle?? If the two places were close I could do a double header??? Argh!

Lefty-Canuck
05-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Pike and walleye hands down......best time of the year for those.

LC

pickrel pat
05-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Pike and walleye hands down......best time of the year for those.

LC

x2..........now and in late fall, october if you can handle the crisp mornings...

Gust
05-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Pike it is,, got the vice set and some nice feathers and hooks ready to go. Thanks

Cal
05-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Get your pike and walleye now while the getting is good. Then when it starts to slow down and the walleye go deep start chasing the trout, thats pretty much my game plan most summers.

Gust
05-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Get your pike and walleye now while the getting is good. Then when it starts to slow down and the walleye go deep start chasing the trout, thats pretty much my game plan most summers.

I know. Im a spring and fall fisher and I know that they are biting at both spoys

Cal
05-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I know. Im a spring and fall fisher and I know that they are biting at both spoys

Deffinatly the fall too, I usualy have hunting on the brain by then but its the very best time to fish. I do less fishing in the fall than at any other time, usualy just trolling a plug on the way home from duck hunting, but all my biggest walleye have been caught in the fall. Usualy from rivers.

pickrel pat
05-18-2012, 10:18 PM
but all my biggest walleye have been caught in the fall. Usualy from rivers.

this....

BGSH
05-19-2012, 01:18 AM
It depends, if your going to go to the mountains walking small streams casting out a fly then yes, but also if you are going to hit up a river and catch some beauty walleye and pike, i say get away from the city and go for trout, excellent time of year for it all though most streams do not open until middle June.