PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Lake (18/05/12)

RapStaff
05-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Went out to Pigeon today to do a little poking around.
Caught some walleye and a couple of pike as well.
The fish were biting very light. Not surprising though as the water temp was just a shade over 7 degrees.
Parkers Minnows over leeches. Water clarity was about 6 feet.
Fisher Home launch is in pretty poor shape.
All in all it was a decent start to the season.:sHa_shakeshout:

bobalong
05-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Nice fish, they are starting to look pretty healthy there again

Alberta Bigbore
05-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Congrats on some nice fish.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Nice fish, they are starting to look pretty healthy there again

I was thinking the same thing , spent a week out there last year later in the year , and we got into some very nice fish . And they were looking very healthy .

RapStaff
05-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Healthy numbers as well.
I put 21 fish in the boat from 9 til 2
Historically for me may long is decent not great.
I'd love to get pics if them all but its tough running solo.

bobalong
05-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Are you off Monday or thursday

RapStaff
05-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Only days off are Friday Saturday and Sunday's
Finally got enough seniority to get my dream shift Monday to Thursday 4 tens.

JohnnyD
05-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Nice fish! I have been out everyday this long weekend fishing for walleye on Pigeon. It was a slow start but I got into some nice eyes yesterday evening. 3 @ 52cm 1 @ 57cm. Managed to get tags for 43-50cm this year. I'll save them for fall when the fish are nice and plump. Frozen minnows and jigs heads was the key and location varied by time of the day. Water temp was 46 in the am warming up to 54 in the afternoon. Tried "magic cured minnows" from cabelas, these things are crap and the walleye refused to hit them!

Pixel Shooter
05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
I got out yesterday for a few hours, wanted to get my new boat in the water:) . They were biting very light. I finally found some Parker minnows :sHa_shakeshout: Between two of us, we caught 23 walleye, biggest 4 Ilbs, never used any of my class A tags. I also caught 2 burbot, I never caught burbot here before, one really nice one at 10 Ilbs and one was 5 Ilbs, anyone else have success with burbot , oh and small Pike. Overall for early in the season it was a great day, weather was beautiful. Lots of boats out........

05-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Hows the water , saw an article awhile back that they are going to make improvements to try and avoid them big algae blooms pigeon gets .

highwood
05-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Water looks good

1bluZebec
05-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Me and my 5 yr old were out camping all weekend and had the Zebec out on the water too of course. we tried minnows,worms and leeches for bait with worms not yielding anything it was minnows and leeches getting all the attention. trolling was where the leeches shined and the minnows under a bobber in 9-15 fow was where the rest of the action was. my son caugt three walleye sat and i got six and then sunday he caught 6 and i caught 7. all of them averaging about 4 lbs including the pike. Sunday was gorgeous. about 20 boats on water fishing all just loving the perfect weather. Can't wait to go back. first time there:-)

05-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Its defenetly nice to see , better fish coming out of there , I think Now with the Walleye draw , and the amount of tags issued has really helped things out , without putting alot of tention on the fishery .

Now it would be nice to see various sizes coming out of there to prove that its becoming a healthy fishery .

After fishing down south , seeing us catch all sorts of numbers a fish , we were hooking into all sizes from about 20 cm's and up . Thats a healthy fishery .

I hope with due time Pigeon lake becomes what it once was . I was once a firm beleaver that it would screw everything up , as we would be always catching 2 lb walleye all day long . But with people being able to take some of these fish out , able to grow , and have more feed for the other fish .

Lets pray that this continues .