PDA

View Full Version : Baptise Lake

Rascal4now
05-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know what Baptiste Lake is like for: noise, fishing, winter access?

FishFinder89
05-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Drove down to the dock there on Saturday morning and it was awfully quiet. Cast my line a couple times just to watch a guy walk to the boat launch and caught a jake on his first cast. Didnt stay too long though.

davegrant
05-22-2012, 11:52 PM
Awesome pike/walleye lake good numbers of 12 inch perch but getting less and less from all the walleye(needs a slot size limit) Doesn't get alot of pressure due to being close to Calling and Slave until the FORUM crowd
reads this :scared::scared:
A good place to taka a bunch of kids troll the weedline and catch fish all day!!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Bhflyfisher
05-23-2012, 09:58 AM
It is a really good lake for pike on the fly.

skidderman
05-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Good to fish for pike and eyes. Just sucks that you can't keep any eyes.

Rascal4now
05-24-2012, 06:13 AM
thanks for the posts. i'm trying to find a place that is peaceful and quiet. getting harder and harder to find. have had enough of the typical campgrounds crawling with quads, stereos and drunks.:angry3::angry3:
When i find a place, I'm not telling! lol

pickrel pat
05-24-2012, 06:33 AM
thanks for the posts. i'm trying to find a place that is peaceful and quiet. getting harder and harder to find. have had enough of the typical campgrounds crawling with quads, stereos and drunks.:angry3::angry3:
When i find a place, I'm not telling! lol

so you come on here asking other people for a nice quiet lake with good fishing, then you say when you find it you wouldnt let anyone else know about it.......lol...... hmmmmm. but yes........ quiet places get busy and noisy because people keep saying they are nice quiet places.

davegrant
05-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Campgrounds are a different story, Only place U find a QUIET SPOT is grab a BACKGROUND MAPBOOK,GOOD PAIR OF HIKING SHOES , AND DO SOME EXPLORING. Amazing spots just a few K off the beaten track.

Jamie Black R/T
05-24-2012, 11:02 AM
thanks for the posts. i'm trying to find a place that is peaceful and quiet

baptiste is NOT this place....a huge chunk of that lakefront is now covered in cabins and on a nice summer weekend the ski boats will drive you crazy if you want to relax and fish.

i used to spend a week every summer up there....not anymore....ill make a day trip or two but thats enough punishment for me.

BigRackLover
05-24-2012, 01:41 PM
lots of recreational boat traffic on that lake sure ... can be very busy.

EP2
05-28-2012, 06:50 AM
There is also a large clear cut property on the south side being developed into an RV park. Last summer due to the unfiltered runoff (and a beaver dam explode) there was a massive algae bloom.

No telling what crowd will come to the park.

Rascal4now
05-28-2012, 08:04 AM
baptiste is NOT this place....a huge chunk of that lakefront is now covered in cabins and on a nice summer weekend the ski boats will drive you crazy if you want to relax and fish.

i used to spend a week every summer up there....not anymore....ill make a day trip or two but thats enough punishment for me.

I got an email from them saying there was a speed limit of 12k on that lake? Weird. Ah well. Good advice re the hiking. Think that's the idea for sure. Thanks for all the input.

Jamie Black R/T
05-28-2012, 08:46 AM
I got an email from them saying there was a speed limit of 12k on that lake?

who was the email from? that would sure put a damper on the ski crowd out there!

Post up that email....if there is a speed limit its brand new.

skidderman
05-28-2012, 03:38 PM
There is a large blue blume because some cabin owners dump their you know what directly into the lake. You don't have to look very hard to find pipes going into the lake. I don't understand why it is not cracked down on but probably better we are not allowed to keep any fish. Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rascal4now
05-28-2012, 09:58 PM
OMG!!! I AM SOOOO SORRY!! I do sincerely apologize! I was completely wrong and mixed up the lakes! Should have been Fairfax Lake that I posted questions about. Grrrrr! I sure make me mad some times.

Sorry for mixup. It is actually Fairfax that has the 12mph limit.