PDA

View Full Version : Peerless lake

albertadeer
05-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Any word on ice off at peerless?

Thinking of heading up next Friday to slay some lakers:sHa_shakeshout:

pickrel pat
05-19-2012, 11:41 PM
will be gone if it aint already......fished many times this time a year, best time is when theres still some ice.

albertadeer
05-22-2012, 09:34 PM
will be gone if it aint already......fished many times this time a year, best time is when theres still some ice.

Go on.....:)

Any tips for that lake? I have ice fished there a few times with alright success.
Is the far side worth the trip? We got a pretty big deep hulled boat. If the ice is off, how deep will they be? 50+?

Getting pretty excited, 5 days catch fish and drink with the locals:sHa_sarcasticlol:

BigJon
05-22-2012, 09:48 PM
I know people that were out there this past weekend and it was a bit slow but they were catching. I didn't ask if all of the ice was off though. This time of year lakers will be alot more shallow than 50 ft. I would start in 12-15 ft.

From now until the 2nd week or so of June I have caught lake trout in anywhere from 6-20 feet of water (not on Peerless though). Spoons, crankbaits, minnow harness's, etc.

Have at 'er and report back.

pickrel pat
05-22-2012, 09:56 PM
only fished it as the ice was going off or immediatly after the ice was off, friend of mine lived in red earth and would keep a close eye on it, and when the ice was off or close to being all off we would rip down there and troll it with williams wabblers spoons in the 12 foot aluminum. good times. caught lots in the 4 - 9 lb range. biggest was about 15-16 lbs. always stayed at the grahem lake camp spot. there is a general store(or used to be anyway), that the guy there would give you updates on iceout and such. dont remember the name or number or anything, but guys would phone him for info ive been told. i lived in manning, so got to go quite alot being less than 3 hours away. good luck. (they dont stay shallow very long after the ice is gone.)

50/50
05-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Ice was off last Thursday. It was very slow last weekend .

Look for them in very shallow, 3-8 feet.

As far as I know there are 3 areas they prefer in the spring.

If I knew where they were I would tell you .

I'll be in a green jet boat ; feel free to come over and see if we found them.