PDA

View Full Version : Lund sport trak

Big Sky
05-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Got the new Lund Impact 1675 home and was installing the Sport Trak brackets. The instructions seemed simple enough but I am having some difficulties. I am using the "B" clips which are supposed to allow for a loose fit. The instructions suggest using lube. I used lube but I still needed a mallot to tap the bracket on. The bracket is really tight and there is no way that it will slide in the track.

Anybody with similar problems with their Sport Traks?

( lube and a mallot......gotta be a joke in there somewhere!!:) )

208prov
05-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Got the new Lund Impact 1675 home and was installing the Sport Trak brackets. The instructions seemed simple enough but I am having some difficulties. I am using the "B" clips which are supposed to allow for a loose fit. The instructions suggest using lube. I used lube but I still needed a mallot to tap the bracket on. The bracket is really tight and there is no way that it will slide in the track.

Anybody with similar problems with their Sport Traks?

( lube and a mallot......gotta be a joke in there somewhere!!:) )

they will wear in

Walleye101
05-20-2012, 11:50 AM
I got the Impact as well and the sales guy at Rainbow marine said to use vaseline. I hav'nt tried yet though.

208prov
05-20-2012, 11:53 AM
i put vasaline on mine and they are still tight, I worked one of them back and forth for a few mins and they loosened up a bit.

Mutter87
05-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I saw a motion picture out of Germany that started with lube and a mallet, no boats in the film but an interesting production to say the least.

wellpastcold
05-20-2012, 02:55 PM
i put vasaline on mine and they are still tight, I worked one of them back and forth for a few mins and they loosened up a bit.

That has been my experience. Then they get old, fat and lazy and want to keep the house!

TJG
05-21-2012, 01:33 PM
Off the topic, theres no much space behind the drivers seat when the livewell is in use is there? How do u find that when fishing?

Big Sky
05-21-2012, 07:29 PM
Lube and mallot it is! I thought these things were going to slide in but it seems that they are a tight fit for everyone. Thanks for the feedback.

TJG
I've only had the boat out once so I can't give you a lot of feedback on it. Generally there's only two in the boat, so I'm not expecting there to be a lack of room. Based on one days experience, there seems to be enough space behind the driver and passenger seats to suit my needs.

If I was going to fish with 3 or 4 people on a regular basis I would have opted for the 1775 for sure.