PDA

View Full Version : Wader's, Fins and Tubing

338Bluff
05-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Wanted to know what others have experienced. I have been float tubing for years now and have used stocking foot, neoprene waders with force fins. No boots. It seems I always develop slow leaks with these darn things after 4-5 years. Gravel gets in around between the foot and the fin and works little tears the waders.

Are there fins out there that can be worn over a boot footed wader? I haven't seen a pair yet that would fit my size 13's.

What is the best style of wader for float tubing. I'm thinking neoprene again because of the warmth factor..

Going to give the fish a rest today and maybe tour up to Cabela's for a look see.

nick0danger
05-20-2012, 09:37 AM
Buy neoprene boots for over your neoprene boots. That way they wear not the booties on your waders. Also really light when hiking in. I wear wading boots when i walk from the car.

Doc
05-20-2012, 11:35 AM
As far as waders, it depends on the type of tube you're using. Is it the old style round tube or the newer style open front? In a round tube, neoprene waders work great as you don't get to warm in the summer months due to half of your body being submerged. In newer tubes where you're only submerged from your knees down, breathables work best as you can stay cooler in the summer and layer with thermal clothing when waters get cold. Regardless which you wear, both have neoprene for the feet so get yourself some neoprene booties. Your forcefins should fit over them but take them in and try them on with the booties before you purchase them. Fishin' hole sells these as does wholesale I beleive.

http://nrsweb5.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/image/media/30032_01_2310_right_071211_1000x1000.jpg