PDA

View Full Version : Slave lake question.

Cal
05-20-2012, 01:47 PM
So who's been out on Slave Lake and how are you guys doing? I've made it out twice on the east end and other than a few pike the fishing has been a little slow. Both times I've had the wife and kids allong though and with them I need to get into fish fairly quick or the trip doesnt last long, so its hard to say if the bite is realy slow or if I'm just not fishing hard enough. I'm planning on taking the family out later this evening or tomorrow morning and was wondering if anyone was having better luck at the east end than I am, or would I be better off launching further west? Thanks for any help.

firegod74
05-20-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm hoping to get out closer to next weekend. Not sure if I'll try from town or Canyon. Sure lots of folks fishing on the lakeside of the wier. No idea how good they are catching. I do know the catching has been good for F&W, snagging lots of folks fishing down stream of the weir.

Shmag
05-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Have not fished it yet, but its always slow on the east end once ice is off. I would be fishing canyon for another week maybe two.

Stay shallow as in close to the marina wall...*

Elkaholic523
05-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I've been out twice at shaws point it's been kind of slow but I haven't gone in the evening we still got our limit though I've herd it's been really good here in the evening
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/elkoholic523/68068332.jpg