PDA

View Full Version : Spray On Box Liner? (Or Other Sealent)

trapshooter
05-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Hey There,
I want to spray the inside of my 12' boat with a sealent of some kind, I was thinking spray on truck box liner because it is water proof and has a texture. Has anyone done this? What about any other sealents? Prices?

TROLLER
05-20-2012, 05:20 PM
A buddy of mine did it to his 12ft. and no problems

ghostguy6
05-20-2012, 07:00 PM
My grandfather did it to his boat many years ago. It seals the boat great but adds alot of weight.

Mariko's Rod
05-20-2012, 07:33 PM
There is a spray product from crap tire called Rocker Panel Guard. works pretty good. hillbilly box liner but cheap.

FishingFrenzy
05-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Anything black on the inside of your boat is going to be HOT.

Just a thought...

Also as a side note, I've seen your other thread about fixing rivets, fix the rivets FIRST and then if you still need to seal it, seal it. But dont just spray some bedliner on and hope faulty rivets will stop leaking, they wont.

liar
05-21-2012, 08:49 AM
when i tore the carpet out of my fiberglass boat my plan was to spray the inside with box liner spray but the guy that did some fiberglass repairs to the boat stongly advised against it because of the wieght it would add . i never tried it because if it doesnt work out , it would be very hard to remove .

trapshooter
05-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Is there anything else I could put on instead of bedliner?

JimPS
05-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Is there anything else I could put on instead of bedliner?

http://www.grizzlygrip.com/

Get the UV protected product.
Don't use black.

Jim

Kingfisher
05-21-2012, 12:39 PM
I have used the textured paints. Usually gray or tan. They come out great. But be prepared to spend a few bucks as a 12 foot aluminum will take you at least a dozen cans or more depending on how thick you want it. But the results are fantastic. Be sure to scuff the boat with a scotch pad or even a light sand paper before you paint.

Rob

trapshooter
05-21-2012, 01:10 PM
I am mainly looking for something that will cover the bottom because dont like the color or the look, but also for a bit of proctection.

Kim473
05-21-2012, 01:34 PM
Anything black on the inside of your boat is going to be HOT.

Just a thought...

Also as a side note, I've seen your other thread about fixing rivets, fix the rivets FIRST and then if you still need to seal it, seal it. But dont just spray some bedliner on and hope faulty rivets will stop leaking, they wont.

X2

liar
05-21-2012, 05:51 PM
i painted the floor with paint mixed with crushed walnut shells ( for traction)