PDA

View Full Version : Going fishing in Prince Rupert any tips?

Logan
05-20-2012, 10:14 PM
So I was lucky enough to have my wife organize a surprise fishing trip for myself and 3 friends for an early birthday gift. We will be there from May 30-June 2and we have a boat chartered for the day but once we are off the water at 6pm I know we will be looking for places to fish from shore.

Anyone know some good places in town and possible tips or advise? we will have a truck there so we have the ability to drive around as well.

Any help would be great.

Jamie
05-21-2012, 12:46 AM
Logan, tough fishing from shore around these parts.
But fishing is looking great, take a read on my fishing report.
Who are you going with?
Where are you staying?

Go ahead and give me a call, I will give you some hints.

403-813-2704
Jamie

Logan
05-21-2012, 10:09 AM
Hey Jamie, we are booked with Northern Bounty for two days. As for where we are staying I think we are going to be at the Moby Dick Inn but that's not totally decided yet. A couple of us were hoping we could possibly wet a line when we aren't on the boa, a pier or anything.

trigger7mm
05-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Pack good rain gear!!!

Sea Hawk
05-21-2012, 10:33 AM
If you go up the highway towards Terrace, there is a good hole where the Kasiks river joins the Skeena. that would be about a half hour drive. Other than there you may want to leave Rupert when you are done ocean fishing and head to Kitimat. There are lots of spots to fish that river right in town and you don't even need waders.

Big Bull
05-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Hey Jamie, we are booked with Northern Bounty for two days. As for where we are staying I think we are going to be at the Moby Dick Inn but that's not totally decided yet. A couple of us were hoping we could possibly wet a line when we aren't on the boa, a pier or anything.

We stayed at the Moby Dick. It's nothing special, but they do cater to fisherman. They have a locked walk-in cooler with freezers where you can store your catch until you leave. They also have a bbq, picnic tables, and a crab boiling set-up in the parking lot out back. After fishing we would boil our crab, cook up some salmon, and have a few cocktails while packing our fish on salted ice that we bought at the boat launch. Also had some good meals at Breakers, down on the waterfront. Just don't go there when the cruise ships are in town, as they downsize their menu in order to deal with the high volume of tourist.

C & C
05-21-2012, 04:13 PM
If you are just looking for some easy action then get some buzz bombs and jig them on the docks. i spent many summers in Prince Rupert commercial fishing and caught tons of sole, rock cod, giant bullheads and perch around the docks.

I also caught a 75lb skate when we were anchored in Kinahan along with some small halibut.

Logan
05-21-2012, 08:57 PM
If you are just looking for some easy action then get some buzz bombs and jig them on the docks. i spent many summers in Prince Rupert commercial fishing and caught tons of sole, rock cod, giant bullheads and perch around the docks.

I also caught a 75lb skate when we were anchored in Kinahan along with some small halibut.

Perfect!! Thats the answer I was looking for, we literally just want to walk on the dock and catch anything. Ive never been fishing in the Ocean like that so I'm gonna be happy as hell catching ANYTHING off the dock.

We got all day to catch Salmon and Halibut so just catching some other random fish will be great.

Logan
05-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Anyone have any recommendations for a good hotel for 4 fisherman to sleep ?

Jamie
05-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Logan, great choice in picking Northern Bounty. One of the top guides in the area.
As for hotel, might I suggest staying with us at Great Pacific Salmon Lodge.
You can fish with NB during the day, and spend your nights at the Lodge. We happen to have room for your group during that time frame.
Basically you would be treated as a full Lodge guest. NB could just pick you up in the AM and drop you off in the PM.

I believe that staying at our Lodge will greatly enhance your experience. We have the only Lodge in Rupert and boast a 2,500 Sqft waterfront setup. We are located on a island in the harbor overlooking the town of Prince Rupert. No cabs, hotel meals, no running to Tims early in the AM, just a cool experience you will not forget.
We should talk and if staying at the Lodge doesn't work, I know all the hotels in town.

Jamie
403-813-2704
Feel free to get in touch directly with me and if you have any questions as to the Lodge experience, I can get you in touch with a few of the regulars around the A/O bord.