PDA

View Full Version : Great pacific Salmon/Hali report

Jamie
05-21-2012, 12:09 AM
Quick fishing report from the Great Pacific Salmon Lodge. First morning test fishing, may 19, 3 chinook, 18, 22 and 23. Only spent 4 hours on the water. 4 other bites and one long line release.
Our other boat smashed 3 80# + Hali's on calm water. With 6 released.
Season is starting off with a bang, imagine what's going to happen as we really start getting into it!

Our new head guide Shea Roth (formerly of Sand Spit adventures) showed us some new tricks and it's obvious his 23 years of experience is paying off for our Lodge.

Last minute rates starting as low as $1,500/ person. (full lodge experience, 3 days) Come on out and enjoy the great fishing in the coming weeks. Select spots available during the summer and of course if your looking for a day charter, we would be glad to host you as well.

Jamie

Jamie
05-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Yet another great couple of hours fishing the best water in all of BC. Man oh Man, do I love it up here in Prince Rupert.

Mondays AM saw us out for a quick fish just 25 minutes from the Lodge. I headed out with the crew at first light with idea of just exploring a bit and doing some test fishing. Hunts inlet and Gobble point were the main places to visit.

Showing up in the wonderland of the Legendary Skeena river area found us surrounded by nothing but nature. Porpoise's right beside the boat, whales breaching off the bow, foggy misty mountains looming over top of us. It was a sight to behold.
Once again we had that part of the pacific all to ourselfs. Not another boat was seen. That makes 3 trips in 3 days and I have yet to see another sporty in our area. Like the advertising says "More fish, less people". It certainly rings true at 5:30 am today.

Oh yeah, what did we come out here for anyhow????? Thats right Salmon!!!!!!.
Set the lines, drop the riggers..............KA-POW, double header!!!!!!! From our dock to the singing of our Islander MR 2's took exactly 35 minutes. 20 minutes later would see us with 2 25 pound Salmon in the fish hold.Though I wanted to stay off the same point and clean up we decided to keep motering and exploring. Many more hits and fish to the boat before realizing I had work at the Lodge with our first guests of the season due to arrive in a few hours. Why does work always get in the way of these types of days?

Back to the Lodge, final shopping and getting the Lodge perfect for our guests took up the rest of the Day. Fortunately, our new guests from Wyoming arrived to find the Lodge in tip top shape. We served a tandoori fresh caught Chinook for dinner. When matched with the Mango chutney sauce it was a dinner to remember. A few drinks on the deck and our guests hit the sack all excited about the next morning.

This am saw all these tough world wise outdoorsmen running around the Lodge like excited kids on Christmas morning, gobbling back fresh baked muffins and washed down with some great coffe, grabbing cameras, putting rain gear on backwards, rushing out to the carts and shuttling them to their respective boats. It was well orchestrated pandemonium. The smiles and laughter made coming back early yesterday well worth it. I do enjoy our guests, each and every person that comes through this Lodge adds something to the place and to our team. it's a special experience for all of us here.

Tonight see's us enjoying a Crab feast beyond compare. I will pick up the live crab at 5:00 tonight and our new friends will be gorging the selfs by 6. Fresh caught crab is always a huge treat around these parts.

If you want to experience this massive adventure, feel free to give me a call directly on my cell. Let's see if we can work out a package that works for you.

As always I can be reached directly at
403-813-2704

Thanks
Jamie