PDA

View Full Version : a women fly fishing

fishman
03-28-2008, 01:57 AM
I was coming back from a job and came around a corner were a small river follows the road and behold i see a women flyfishing in the stream.............so i stopped and walked to watch her fish..........man i thought is that sexy a women fly fishing...............ohhhhhhhhh ya i forgot to mention she was wearing a bikini......................and guess what here husband was upstream about 200 fett...........hey she still made my day

SNAPFisher
03-28-2008, 06:05 AM
Creepy factor: 100% :ashamed:

James M
03-28-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm with SNAPfisher on this one

JohninAB
03-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Snapfisher hit the nail on the head about this post. Creepy or what?

gonefishin
03-28-2008, 10:19 AM
the big question here for me is... how warm is it down there that people are fishing in bikinis?? I was shed hunting yesterday in a sweater and a jacket and was still chilly.

fishman
03-28-2008, 11:43 AM
The whole point of it for me was no matter what to a man if a women is flyfishing it is sexey if she is fishing in a bikini makes it even more disarble............i had a friend that had a girlfriend that liked th flyfish and she also had a float tube so they spent alot of time together...i think to much as they had no time for thier own space and ended up disagreeing alot...........so would a perfect women be a women that goes flyfishing with you.........think about this as she will be in your space all the time...................tell me what you think.............i am not bashing women or men here just having some fun so please don't somebody jump all over me........thier was no women or men harmed in the making of this post..

Shrubs
03-28-2008, 02:16 PM
My gf accompanies on most of my outdoor excursions and she doesn't bother me. Actually it's kind of nice because we both know how to leave overdrive at work which for whatever reason some of my longtime hunting buddies can't seem to do, so it's nice to have a fishing/hunting partner who kind of looks at the outdoors experience the same way I do. Nature moves at a different pace.

Coldhill
03-28-2008, 10:58 PM
My wife is always buggin me to bring her along fly fishing. She has her own 6 wt rod her own wadders and her own belly boat. She has accompanied Katts and I on a few trips. Although she doesnt wear a bikini, she is really I site too see. I agree that a woman who enjoys thing that have traditionaly been thought as a MANS sport, is right up there on my list of likes.

She likes the belly boat. Not too keen on the river thing though. She is only 5'1" and about 93lbs. She tryed to float by me on the Bow last fall, and then again at the Cambell river in B.C. about a week later. I send her up stream of me...NOT for the first chance at fish, but for her own safety. She gets too excited and gets teets deep in the river.

Oh, by the way...If anyone finds a 4pc 6wt St.Croux Avid with a #3 Ross evolution by McKinnon Flats on the Bow...Its mine.

It was a hard choice, but I saved her and dumped the rod.

And yes there are times I wondered if I would have missed her as much as I do MY GO TO ROD...

Ch

fishman
03-29-2008, 12:50 AM
Very interesting reponses

I have always thought what would it be like to share a passion (Fishing)with your partner.........would it be a good thing or a bad thing, and to answer that question i would have to say it depends on your partner and whether both of you can enjoy the sport together or just the time together with each other.....hey i answered that with a question

BlueNorther
03-29-2008, 06:49 AM
My wife didn't start fishing until last year,wasn't her thing.We've been married 25 years,together for 30 years.She went with me for the walks and enjoyed being out with me.I got her a float tube 10 years ago so she could get out on the lakes and she'd take photos of the loons (her favorite bird) and of the fish I'd catch.

All of a sudden she started asking me questions like how did it feel to have a fish on,how did I know what to use,where to fish etc?So I talked her into trying it.Rigged her up with one of my fly rods and gave her a crash course on casting and away we went up to Alford lake last September.Once she got it figured out what to do she started to catch fish.I always stayed close to help her out,showing her how to net and handle a fish,hook removal and releasing.Once her confidence was up she decided she didn't need my tutalage anymore and started to fish away from me in her own spots and did she do good!At one point she was 3 fish up on me,everytime I'd hook up one and think I was gaining she'd hook up another.She was absolutely beaming,you couldn't wipe the smile off her face,nor mine for that matter.

We fished til midday and took a shore break and had a bite to eat then headed back out,I honestly thought she'd pack it in by then but nope,she was rarin to go some more,awesome!Again we got into fish right away and she was still ahead of me and really trying to rub some salt into my wounds,good naturedly.Than a good hatch started and the lake was almost boiling with rising trout.I tied on a dry fly and started hammering trout and passed her catch in about 15 minutes,she says I cheated:innocent: .We fished until a cold front started to move in and decided to call it quits.8 hours and 33 trout to our nets on her first time out,outstanding!

Now she's "HOOKED" and can't wait to get back out.We've upgraded her old Caddis float tube to a Fish Cat 4,got her a TFO combo rig and today we're going into Russel's to see about getting her some new breathable waders,she doesn't like the neoprenes.Now I'm showing her how to tie flies and she's a quick study:) .

BUD
03-30-2008, 04:07 AM
Keep watchin WILD TV , you,ll soon be seeing one huntin in a camo bikini , haaaaaa .

catnthehat
03-30-2008, 05:44 AM
I schooled mmore than a few women over the years on how to fly fish, because they're husbands were also learning.

If someone is serious about it, fine.
if they are not, I don't have the time to waste to show themm how to tie their boots, let alone roll cast.....
Cat

dugh
03-30-2008, 07:46 AM
My wife and I fish together all the time. In 2007 she caught the biggest Char, lake trout, walleye, pike, whitefish and burbot , actually the burbot was the largest one entered in the AFGA this year.(I may be looking for a new fishing partner this year lol). The only species I beat her in were perch and sturgeon. Can't wait for this season.
Doug