PDA

View Full Version : Caught my first

Pikecrazed
05-21-2012, 11:14 PM
This weekend didn't get out to any bass lakes but went to the hot springs near invemere and stayed in a camping close by they had a small pond and the Columbia river in it but wanting to try the pond first I went and asked the people who work there what there is in the pond the man said oh we stocked it with rainbows so I go over to the pond and use the rig I used the day before on grotto and soon enough get a bite and pull in a tiny fish maybe 6" and looking at it I knew it wasn't a rainbow and thinking of the hours of studying my regs realized it was my first dolly varden caught on more and missed many more in three hours of fishing didn't think I was going to catch one for a long time

Who else got a pleasant surprise like that befor sorry no pics no batteries in phone

fish on
05-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Fishing Lake X and there are only supposed to be rainbows and cutties.
Found some fallen trees in the water and the brookies couldn't leave my hook alone.

First brookie in 20+ years

sureshot
05-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Congrats.

BeeGuy
05-22-2012, 12:14 PM
This weekend didn't get out to any bass lakes but went to the hot springs near invemere and stayed in a camping close by they had a small pond and the Columbia river in it but wanting to try the pond first I went and asked the people who work there what there is in the pond the man said oh we stocked it with rainbows so I go over to the pond and use the rig I used the day before on grotto and soon enough get a bite and pull in a tiny fish maybe 6" and looking at it I knew it wasn't a rainbow and thinking of the hours of studying my regs realized it was my first dolly varden caught on more and missed many more in three hours of fishing didn't think I was going to catch one for a long time

Who else got a pleasant surprise like that befor sorry no pics no batteries in phone

That's really interesting. There are no Dollies in the Columbia. Was this in the stocked pond? I didn't know they stocked dollies in the Koots. Cool.

slivers86
05-22-2012, 04:55 PM
perhaps they started? Could be something new they are trying? Us BC folks are crazy ya know