PDA

View Full Version : Topwater pike

cribfisher
05-22-2012, 01:46 PM
Was at wabamun yesterday fishing sardines under a slip bobber and when I set the hook about 50 feet out. The bobber immediatly surfaced and the 28" pike I hooked started fighting about 1 foot under the surface. I was starting to wonder why it wasn't staying deep, as usual, when it broke the surface, came two feet out of the water and was grabbed mid air by the at least 20lb+ pike that was after it. Some how it broke free after re-entering the water but was chased and grabbed a couple more times the rest of the way to the boat where it was promptly unhooked and released, with suprisingly little damage from the multiple bite marks all over it....the things you see when no one has a video running.

FishingFrenzy
05-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Was at wabamun yesterday fishing sardines under a slip bobber and when I set the hook about 50 feet out. The bobber immediatly surfaced and the 28" pike I hooked started fighting about 1 foot under the surface. I was starting to wonder why it wasn't staying deep, as usual, when it broke the surface, came two feet out of the water and was grabbed mid air by the at least 20lb+ pike that was after it. Some how it broke free after re-entering the water but was chased and grabbed a couple more times the rest of the way to the boat where it was promptly unhooked and released, with suprisingly little damage from the multiple bite marks all over it....the things you see when no one has a video running.

Thats so awesome! I hope I get the chance to see something like that one day....fingers crossed :)