PDA

View Full Version : Weather over south Calgary/ Bow fishermen

Gust
05-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok, go outside and look at the gathering storm, i've been keeping my eye on it and it's two systems, one moving westerly and one moving easterly AND IT'S GETTING THICK. So for you fly and other fishers thinking about policemans flats and lower, dress well and watch for lightening. It just became very still but the clouds are moving quickly.

be careful on the water, it can come up quick especially near storm drains. I know we all know that but just saying.

BeeGuy
05-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, you can feel that ominous air pressure and stillness.

Maybe some tornadoes this afternoon.

Albertadiver
05-22-2012, 03:01 PM
If you're a prepper, grab that bug-out kit and head for K-country.

Gust
05-22-2012, 03:10 PM
If you're a prepper, grab that bug-out kit and head for K-country.

For a moment I thought, Is a bug-out kit a new flyfishing setup ? for the prepared flyfisherman, then realised, nope. So I guess I should refrain from wearing my tin-foil hat when toting my bug-out kit?:)

Gust
05-22-2012, 03:14 PM
look at this system -press play- mind you it will change every hour or so but seriously, it has the makings of something spectacular.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/satellite/animateweb_e.html?imagetype=satellite&imagename=goes_wcan_1070_m_..................jpg&nbimages=1&clf=1

BeeGuy
05-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Bug-out kit?

Is that like the suitcase from Fear and Loathing?

Temperature just dropped 10 degrees.

I better cover the spinach

slivers86
05-22-2012, 04:35 PM
perfect conditions for the samsquanch to flee from the hills and enter the elbow valley. :mad0030: