PDA

View Full Version : Goose Vs Esox lucius

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Well I witnessed a crazy goose , pike attack today , never seen something so loud or tragic.lol man you shoulda seen the feathers fly , the oh mighty attack from under your feet and wham pu8lled it underwater and tossed it around and such it was pretty crazy.Never saw the goose after the fish pulled it under for the 4th or 5th time.wish I was able to cast that far from where it happened cus that fish woulda been massive.

SNAPFisher
03-28-2008, 12:31 PM
Well I witnessed a crazy goose , pike attack today

A goose! Now that would be a big pike. I once witnessed pike swimming in the shallows and following sand pipers in early season. It was really neat to watch the pike follow the sand piper each time it turned. If the water wasn't so shallow I'm sure the pike would have tried. Hope that sand piper stuck to shore ....

03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
that was yesterdayt but yeah you get the point all it looked like was the alberta versio9n of a great white shark attack on the discovery channel. Ive caught some big fish in my short day, but thqat thing im sure would of been a record .

packhuntr
03-28-2008, 12:37 PM
A couple years ago pike fishin on a local slough in this neck of the woods, i saw, No SH*T, saw a pike hit a blue winged teal. There were two of them, they were real close to us, and i was watching them for a while, when wham, water was flying everywhere. One BIG wake this fish left behind..... The other teal didnt have a care in the world, and the other one was no doubt fish food. Unreal let me tell ya.
I woulda thought a goose would be a little too big,,,,but maybe???

keep a strain on er.

03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
If I had my video camera I woulda taped it I took a pictures but to fasr from where we saw it and it happening to where ya upload it on the computer and its just one big blur.

Neil Waugh
03-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Looks like I'll have to tie me up a few of those Canadas for the next time I'm on Wab. I wonder if my 8-weight can handle 'em? Hopefully it was a Lessor.

steelhead
03-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Where was that at? The ice is off the lakes up there already?

pecker
03-28-2008, 05:52 PM
that was yesterdayt but yeah you get the point all it looked like was the alberta versio9n of a great white shark attack on the discovery channel. Ive caught some big fish in my short day, but thqat thing im sure would of been a record .

that wasn't a white shark -- that was a slough shark :lol: :lol: johnny. it's amazing what those guys will hit. thanks for the story , must have been a sight to behold .;)

03-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Most of the ice is of Wabamun as it has a power plant on it and pumps tons of warm water out , and with the wind really breaks that ice up , headed back out there Sunday I do beleave.

kennedy
03-28-2008, 09:57 PM
a few years ago i was ice fishing at wabamum and i needed a break so i went to chat with a guy that was fishing the open water at wabamun. he suddenly caught a 20lb pike and threw it back. i went back there the following week and started casting closer to the plant with a heavy duty salmon rod. when suddenly this huge monster of a pike takes the lure. god i've never seen anything so big that he kept on taking my line and i had to cut the line off because my rod was going to break. i couldn't reel him in, he just kept on going.

03-28-2008, 11:55 PM
ok Kennedy tell me how you get close to the inlet there close to the power plant my salmon rod is spooled with 80 lb power pro braided line ill get your hook and line back not tomention pictures of a monster plus a goose or 2 :lol: :lol:

packhuntr
03-29-2008, 07:47 AM
Kennedy, WHAAAAT!!!!!!! You would be the first and only fisherman ive ever heard of that caught a monster fish,,,,,,AND CUT HIS OWN LINE!!!!! Man, ida fought like there was no tomorrow,,,If i ended up spooled, sheda been a fight right to the last inch!!

keep a strain on er.

-JR-
03-29-2008, 10:01 AM
This makes me want to get a yearly camp stall at Wab !

03-29-2008, 10:42 AM
No doubt. I wonder what one of them go for.I was ganna get one at lac la nonne but they were full and only wanted 1200 bucks .

dodger
03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
The goose fly had me wetting my pants with laughter.:lol: :lol: :lol: Neil Waugh you should do a Canada Goose fly and post a picture. Or if anyone out there that ties should do it. I may have to take some nitro for the old heart after seeing some of these goose flies.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dodger.

mud slug
03-29-2008, 06:16 PM
bigbadjohn if you want to go to the warm water outlet, go into the town and just before the boat launch turn west. and drive a couple hundred yards you'll come to a bridge thats the out let. great fishing till the weeds take over.

03-29-2008, 09:05 PM
sweet thasnks Im going tommorow I think so ill see ifr the ice is off as after tommorow wabamun closes until may.