PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor show and sale

Ace
03-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Anybody stop in?

Any good sales? I'm lookin' for some big sales on fly fishing gear (rod/reel/line).

Thanks
Ace

spaded
03-28-2008, 01:03 PM
I was in yesturday.
everything appered to be 10% off.

gotta be sharp, my advice would be to take the 2008 fishing hole price guide(they have plenty there) but compare all of the tagged prices to the book.

I picked up 2 rods yesturday that were tagged $10.00 more than what the were listed in the book for.

Not a big deal but when your bargin hunting every dollar counts right?

all in all not to bad.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-28-2008, 01:11 PM
Huh Im ganna go check it out this evening or tommorow, morning for 10:00 , ganna see if I can get a few new rods and see what they got for line that maybe on sale , Its time to change the line on all my reels except my Bait casters . Looking forward to this as the boat and sportsmen show was really really sad this year .

Alberta Bigbore
03-28-2008, 01:45 PM
leaving for the FH show in 45 mins, maybe see some of you there. :D

03-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Im headed there now , hope to see some of yall there .

Alberta Bigbore
03-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Nice to meet you there BBJ. also met up with JohninAB there, and later on Faststeel. And of course some other familiar faces from stores etc.

Managed a kick***** muskie/pike rod in a Quantum PT tour edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOT WOOOOOT !!! and spent a crap load on other stuff, went out to the vehicle and decided to go back in and buy some soft tackle bags, LOL LOVE IT !!!!

03-28-2008, 08:52 PM
I also racked in on a few deals, Ran into a few faces from here meet Alberta Bigbore hes actually really small , just a tiny bigbore :lol: :lol: :lol: , Raked on on the Gulp alive offer ,2 tubs for 40 bucks , picked up the new shamano , bob izumi edition rod for 79 bucks - 40 % which was a pretty hot deal, as well as others , and always good to see the big manufactuers there, Very helpful if your willing to talk with them , also got a few contacts for my company , which im very happy about as ive been looking for a wholesaler for quite a long time. id give this show 10 thumbs up outta 10

JohninAB
03-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Yeah I ran into Alberta Bigbore there. Watched him go all squeely girly over that Quantum rod. Man I was embarrased just to be in the same city as him at that time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I picked up a new net, some Gulp alive, couple of pike plugs, pike spoons and some line. All in all a good show and feels so much better donating to the Foodbank than the pockets of Northlands.

Alberta Bigbore
03-28-2008, 11:01 PM
ill admit i was a kid in a candy shop when i found that rod ! :D and the free huge Quantum rod case is great!! When i use that rod, there will be little white flags all over the water, of fish giving up even before i tie on a lure.

LOL, BBJ, i remember the day i towered over you in elementary. :tongue2: Now make me a Sammich!!!

put the New Quantum Tour PTi20 spinning reel on the Shaw GrisbyPT Sig rod i had at home waiting for the right reel. That reel was worth the wait to save a tad of money, and get some free line i guess. the other odds and ends were a good buy.

I give the show 9 out of 10, only cuz they didnt have Mini donuts or corndogs!! LOL Wish "The Fishing Center" would throw on a seperate show as well, away from the Edmonton Boat SHow.

Coldhill
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
The fishin Centre has their own show about 6 days a week. Maybe you should stop in there more...LOL

CH:evilgrin:

Alberta Bigbore
03-28-2008, 11:17 PM
BOOM!!! now i know who you are;) Gotcha, and if not, oh well.:D

Coldhill
03-28-2008, 11:23 PM
o'ki
Takáatsiksí?

Ch

03-28-2008, 11:52 PM
I shop alot at the fishing centre, but sometimes just can't out beat some of the fishing holes sales.

Fish Hooked
03-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I found the sale at the mayfield as far as the fishing hole went to have some good prices. I picked up a quantum energy pt baitcast reel and with the mail in rebate I saved over 50% off the org. price. If you purchased the reel at the fishing hole booth and then went over to the quantum booth and showed them your receipt they gave you the mail in rebate sheet as well as 2 spools of line. Great deal. The only store that does not give any great deals that I can see is campers village 10% is not a great deal.
Can anyone tell me where to find the fishing center?

Rollie
03-29-2008, 08:55 PM
12922 - 82 Street Edmonton

Baitcaster
04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
That big Quantum rod bag seems too big. You would have to have 25 rods in it to support the thing. Unless I am not picturing the proper use for it.