PDA

View Full Version : Travers a day for the ages

Tinman
05-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Well I had a day for the ages at Travers. Fished it on Saturday at the spillway. Launched the good old portaboat and of we went slowly due to rowing as I am the engine. Between me and my buddy we caught I guess at 100 walleye between the 2 of use. I have never caught fish like that out there the fish were taking bottom bouncers which can be hard to fish when you row but everyone I do it I catch something. Also caught on jigs and then found the greatest lure ever a small jigging spoon and minnow my partner when ten for ten on it and they produced great. Onlynproblem was we never caught a legal fish but about dozen that were 47 to 49 cm. Hope it is this good next time out.

Tinman

bobalong
05-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a great day, bouncers are a presentation for sure. You will usually catch more fish jigging, but I like to keep moving, looking for big fish, and bouncers are a great technique for that.

trapshooter
05-22-2012, 06:54 PM
I have never used bottom bouncers, what were you pulling behind them.

anthony5
05-22-2012, 08:19 PM
Tinman, seeing as you are using an old handle of mine good on you, 100 fish day should not be an issue:sHa_shakeshout:. If your hammering them that hard, some might think i'm drinking my bath water, but in that situation increase you bait size by double if your able and enjoy the fun. Great weekend way to go.