PDA

View Full Version : Nice little spot

Cowpuncher3000
05-22-2012, 06:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew of a nice little lake that one could camp on and do a little bit of fishing without getting too hassled by others. I am in Red Deer and am looking for something within 3 hours. I do a lot of crownland camping close to nordegg or the james river, so any sugestions would be nice. We have a boat for the weekend, and a little perch fishing would be nice as well.

apprentice94
05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Im sorry i dont have an answer im looking for the same but i have a question do you know how to make a post im new to this site and dont know how sorry for wasting your time

Cowpuncher3000
05-22-2012, 06:56 PM
On the page before this you will see post new thread, thats how you start one. If I find anything ill let you know. Im thinking maybe about staying close to where to james meets the red deer and just takeing to boat to burnt stick or dickson

apprentice94
05-22-2012, 07:04 PM
haha thank you i know you are from red deer do you have any knowledge of the whitecourt area

curtis_rak
05-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Brazeau reservoir has lots of crown land for camping, as well as provincial camping that is very nice and the fishing can be good.

Cowpuncher3000
05-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Brazeau reservoir has lots of crown land for camping, as well as provincial camping that is very nice and the fishing can be good.

Thats north close to drayton right?

And is it anything west of the forestry truck road i cannot keep?

RapStaff
05-23-2012, 06:53 PM
Dolberg. Trout fishing and camping.

AxeMan
05-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Dolberg. Trout fishing and camping.

But not very quiet or uncrowded anymore. It is very busy in the summer months. I go in the early spring and late fall when the fishing is best and the crowds are down.

Paul C
05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
But not very quiet or uncrowded anymore. It is very busy in the summer months. I go in the early spring and late fall when the fishing is best and the crowds are down.
X2 The lake is quite popular now. It is still producing some nice big rainbows early in the spring before stocking was done. Last weekend it was a zoo up there but the fire ban kept alot of people from going there. Happy Trout Hunting.
The stocking size was 2 to 3 inches long with a mix of 8 inch dinkers.

221fb
05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Jackfish lake just west of Rocky mountainhouse during the week can be quite nice