PDA

View Full Version : Fishing around Kelowna/Pentiction

Buck Krazy
05-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Will be leaving early tomorrow morning, just wondering if anyone knows any lakes or rivers along the way. I have my BC licence just looking to maybe catch some trout or bass on the trip. Have a boat while in Kelowna, but just on the main lake, however not really going to be geared up for any sort of deep trolling. Maybe 25 feet deep max. Was thinking the rainbows should be done spawning, what about kokanee??

jeffreys 21234
05-24-2012, 03:06 PM
use to live up that way in kewlona good spot i found was lak mcculogh up by big white if you go threw camp site down to end you have two lakes to fish on either side of road lots of nice mountain fed rainbow trout

Lornce
05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Try Postill Lake, easy to get to, and of course Okanagan with raibows and Kokanee.

uplander
05-24-2012, 05:11 PM
On holidays I would fish the outlet on skaha where the channel drained into the lake. There were bass everywhere!! along with the odd trout and sucker. Just stood on shore and cast across using countdowns.

Bigdad013
05-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Will be leaving early tomorrow morning, just wondering if anyone knows any lakes or rivers along the way. I have my BC licence just looking to maybe catch some trout or bass on the trip. Have a boat while in Kelowna, but just on the main lake, however not really going to be geared up for any sort of deep trolling. Maybe 25 feet deep max. Was thinking the rainbows should be done spawning, what about kokanee??

If you want some kok's, try using a apex trout killer with just a little weight to keep it under the surface, we find the black and white works all year on them