PDA

View Full Version : Rock Lake By Hinton

T-Bone
05-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Anyone been out?? Ice should be off and the lakers hungry..Just wondering if anyone has been out Thank you T..

elkoholik
05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Wondering the same, looking to go somewhere tomm for a night but not seeing any fishing reports. Anyone been out there or Millers?

Rockyman
05-23-2012, 08:37 PM
I was at Rock Lake last weekend (but not fishing). The majority of the lake is still frozen but there is some open water at the east and west ends. There were a couple of boats fishing the west end.

I suspect that there will still be ice on the lake for at least another week.

Sloughsharkjigger
05-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Kinda always used June 1 as the trigger point for Rock. For the first week or two the lakers are really close to shore.

T-Bone
05-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Was out there today..Ice is off and the lakers,pike and bulls are hungry...Did very well and the bonus was a 4 pound brookie.Man did he fight..All in all it was a great day..No real size to the lakers but fast and furious..Biggest pike around 7 pds. All small bulls..

greylynx
05-26-2012, 09:22 PM
Was out there today..Ice is off and the lakers,pike and bulls are hungry...Did very well and the bonus was a 4 pound brookie.Man did he fight..All in all it was a great day..No real size to the lakers but fast and furious..Biggest pike around 7 pds. All small bulls..

Did your Brook trout look completely like a Brook trout?:):)

I swear I have caught bull brookie hybrids in the area over the years.:):)

T-Bone
05-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Did your Brook trout look completely like a Brook trout?:):)

I swear I have caught bull brookie hybrids in the area over the years.:):)

Not quite but beautiful markings

seahawkfisher
05-27-2012, 06:10 PM
love that lake; have they fixed the road where it crosses the creek? heading out there next weekend
cheers

flygirrl
05-28-2012, 07:39 PM
Heading up there this weekend. Is the lake to big for a 10'8" Seamax inflatable using a 2 hp Honda. Also is the lake hard to find ?

T-Bone
05-28-2012, 08:14 PM
The road has been fixed..Didn't realize it was broke..Good going anyway

huntin'fool
05-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Heading up there this weekend. Is the lake to big for a 10'8" Seamax inflatable using a 2 hp Honda. Also is the lake hard to find ?

the lake is small and your inflatable will handle it fine.
turn west on the rock lake road north of Hinton. the lake is at the end of the road...there are a couple turns that might be misleading, but just stay on the most travelled and you'll hit the lake..

Nickote316
05-28-2012, 09:29 PM

I had my 10'5" mariner 4 on that lake with a 30lb minn kota and it handled the lake just fine. I think it took me an hour and a half to troll (on the lowest speed) from one end of the lake to the other.

Just watch the wind as it literally turns on and off like a light switch. Don't forget the life jackets:)

Albertafisher
05-28-2012, 09:35 PM
I had my 10'5" mariner 4 on that lake with a 30lb minn kota and it handled the lake just fine. I think it took me an hour and a half to troll (on the lowest speed) from one end of the lake to the other.

Just watch the wind as it literally turns on and off like a light switch. Don't forget the life jackets:)

The wind is super insane and can be dangerous. I totally agree, but it's one of my favorite places on earth.

lund17
05-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Is there a HP limit on this lake or restricted to just electric motors? Was thinking about heading up there in August and I have a little bit bigger boat. I do know that the lake is small so what is would be a good size to take on the water?

McLeod
05-29-2012, 09:50 AM
Not quite but beautiful markings

Do you have a picture. ? Scientific purposes !

seahawkfisher
05-30-2012, 07:57 PM
lake is open to al HP's, just has a 12kph limit (i pretty much only use the bow mount). pretty decent launch; just have to angle her into the deep hole; i launch my 16.6 there without trouble
cheers