PDA

View Full Version : Meadow Lake Park

Cowtown guy
05-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Heading to Waterhen Lake for our annual adventure.
Is anyone from near that area? Just wondering what the lake levels are like this spring.
Thanks

Pierre
05-24-2012, 12:22 PM
I was there May long weekend (not Waterhen) but another lake in the park and the level in that lake appeared to be same/slightly higher than last year.

wmw9
05-24-2012, 01:48 PM
I'll be at Waterhen as well this weekend, staying at Tawaw. Fishing is usally decent this time of year. The weather report looks ok as well. Are you renting a boat or pulling your own up? If fishing is slow at Waterhen go to Keeley, it's only 45 minutes or so away. Keeley is always pretty good in my experience. I heard Lac Des Isles was slow last weekend, not much feedback on Waterhen though. You can always call Tawaw cabins and ask how it's been, I find them to be quite honest.

wmw9
05-29-2012, 11:17 AM
How did you do at Waterhen? We did ok...tons of small pike and a pickerel. Sounded like everyone else we spoke with had terrible luck. My buddy did land a 16 pound pike in the smaller lake...other than that we caught nothing but little pike.

Cowtown guy
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Leaving Sunday at 4am. We never find the big fish there early. Some do but we don't seem to.
Back Friday night so I'll let you know then.

Cowtown guy
06-10-2012, 08:57 AM
The Lake was rough for 4 of the 5 days we were there. Some guys went to 2nd Mustus and they slayed them. Everything was small but 2 boats each landed close to 100 fish.
We were only able to get on Waterhen the first afternoon and the last day. In that last day though, 3 boats managed to land close to 20 fish over 8 pounds. The biggest went right at 18. Lots of pickeral were caught too.
I had a 14 inch pike on and while it was thrashing at the edge of the boat I had a lunker try and grab it. She was all of 20 pounds if an ounce. Another member of our group had a 2 pounder on and the same thing happened. Just reaching for the pliers and a giant grabbed the fish and took off. Had a scrap for about 15 or 20 seconds and he broke off.
I think they are really starting to turn on right now. I wish the lake was fishable for the whole time. I think we would have cleaned up. Silver and Blue is the goto color that we find works the best. If that is slow, we switch to firetiger.

Teamprotz
06-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Whats a pickeral ? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Stally77
06-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Whats a pickeral ? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Same as a Wallace? Right?