PDA

View Full Version : Record Fish Canada: All Provincial Fish Records and Annual Big Fish

BeeGuy
05-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Anyone check out this site?

http://www.recordfishcanada.com/

All you have to do is provide a pic showing the fish with length measurement which means even the C&R guys, as well as no harvest areas can provide at least fish-length records.

It's cool because, it's easy and just about anyone can participate, and even better still is they will accept any fish species over 9".

This means they will record records for sucker species, and anything else such as huge chub.

Sharpen your golden p-rig hooks cause this could get interesting.

I'm going to make a hinged measuring board with a back stop for ease of measuring as a tape measure is inconsistent and annoying.

Any suggestions?

waterninja
05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
like the idea of the measureing board. i'll build one also. what do you think, 4 feet long? what do you think 4 feet long?

BeeGuy
05-24-2012, 02:05 PM
did you get your photobucket account working?

Wanna see your pics!

BeeGuy
05-24-2012, 02:09 PM
like the idea of the measureing board. i'll build one also. what do you think, 4 feet long?

4 feet long? I guess it depends on what you're fishing for.

I mostly fish for rockies, so ya, 4 feet should be sufficient for most of them.

This should be a good way to see how big the sturgeon are that guys are getting as well as bull trout.

Also, it should be a great way to see how big the trout are that guys get in the Bow.

No more passing a 24" off as a 29"+ brown

waterninja
05-24-2012, 02:10 PM
yeah right. ready to throw computer through the window but wife stopped me. ever hear of dropbox? supposed to be like photobucket.

Gust
05-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Anyone check out this site?

http://www.recordfishcanada.com/

All you have to do is provide a pic showing the fish with length measurement which means even the C&R guys, as well as no harvest areas can provide at least fish-length records.

It's cool because, it's easy and just about anyone can participate, and even better still is they will accept any fish species over 9".

This means they will record records for sucker species, and anything else such as huge chub.

Sharpen your golden p-rig hooks cause this could get interesting.

I'm going to make a hinged measuring board with a back stop for ease of measuring as a tape measure is inconsistent and annoying.

Any suggestions?

Cut lengthwise a length of 6" diameter PVC or ABS pipe used for plumbing and I have a waterproof stickered tape measure in both imperial and metric you can have. You can then mount it to the side of your canoe.

BeeGuy
05-24-2012, 02:16 PM
forget about dropbox.

sign up for a photo bucket account. it's fast and relatively painless. There are good instructions available.

Just download all your pics to a folder on your computer and upload them into your account from there.

Once you've done that you just have to scroll over the image you want to post, click on "direct link", and then click on the picture icon ^^^up there and paste the link (ctrl v).

piece of cake

BeeGuy
05-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Cut lengthwise a length of 6" diameter PVC or ABS pipe used for plumbing and I have a waterproof stickered tape measure in both imperial and metric you can have. You can then mount it to the side of your canoe.

That sounds good, and Ill take you up on the tape, but Im going to make a hinged board for ease of transport.

PVC pipe doesnt fold up too easy I dont think.

wood is cheaper than pvc because I already have some kicking around.

I like the idea for a bigger boat though. Canoe space is at a premium

Gust
05-24-2012, 03:00 PM
That sounds good, and Ill take you up on the tape, but Im going to make a hinged board for ease of transport.

PVC pipe doesnt fold up too easy I dont think.

wood is cheaper than pvc because I already have some kicking around.

I like the idea for a bigger boat though. Canoe space is at a premium

The pipe method helps keep the fish straight, I'm sure you could devise a telescoping pipe and it wouldn't suffer from board rot,, easy to clean and allows easy hands-free release of fish.

oh heck I'll just go make my own.

chubbdarter
05-24-2012, 03:17 PM
I have 24 or so SRD self adhesive measuring tapes left over from a project. I was told by the Bio who sent them to me to give them away.

want them ?

Bigdad013
05-24-2012, 03:35 PM
All it is is a piece of plastic ABS pipe that's had a end cap glued on one end and then the entire pipe cut in half. On the opposite end of the closed end a handle was cut into the pipe so it doesn't slip out of your hand when measuring a fish that's still in the water. Its light and can be stored just about anywhere and a shorter version could be made if needed. One of those measuring sticky tapes is applied to the inside of it and there it is! Slip the fish's head up to the closed end and measure it right at the fork of the tail, you can't get any more accurate than that!

Bigdad013
05-24-2012, 03:37 PM
I have 24 or so SRD self adhesive measuring tapes left over from a project. I was told by the Bio who sent them to me to give them away.

want them ?

I could use a couple

Saltmania
05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Bigdad, that device looks great. However, shouldn't we be measuring to the tip of the tail when pinched as per the Alberta regs? Or are records measured differently?

BeeGuy
05-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Big dad is in bc

chubbdarter
05-24-2012, 04:03 PM
I could use a couple

you bet 2 for you, lots of pm's but still 10 left

pm coming

Saltmania
05-24-2012, 04:08 PM
I didn't realize BC measured to the fork. Craziness! Advantage AB for the records. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Gust
05-24-2012, 04:39 PM
I didn't realize BC measured to the fork. Craziness! Advantage AB for the records. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Helps us make iur fish seem like they are trophy quality.

waterninja
05-24-2012, 10:22 PM
All it is is a piece of plastic ABS pipe that's had a end cap glued on one end and then the entire pipe cut in half. On the opposite end of the closed end a handle was cut into the pipe so it doesn't slip out of your hand when measuring a fish that's still in the water. Its light and can be stored just about anywhere and a shorter version could be made if needed. One of those measuring sticky tapes is applied to the inside of it and there it is! Slip the fish's head up to the closed end and measure it right at the fork of the tail, you can't get any more accurate than that!
i like it

BeeGuy
05-24-2012, 10:51 PM

actually, that looks pretty sweet

BeeGuy
05-24-2012, 10:53 PM

want them ?

I'll take 2.

I've got those custom red hook P-rigs you wanted too.

BGSH
05-25-2012, 02:46 AM
almost landed a record walleye tonight, but she got off, however did catch two 9 pounders tonight one was 29 inches, other was 28 inches, what a beautiful night on the n.s.r.

The Fisherman Guy
05-25-2012, 10:15 AM
No more passing a 24" off as a 29"+ brown

Are you threatening me?

http://www.broadsheet.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/cornholio1.jpg

I have fat fingers, makes things in my hands look smaller then they appear. I have dealt with questions of my claims before, until I prove it to those who have questioned. Her response is always a GASP!

chubbdarter
05-25-2012, 01:28 PM
I'll take 2.

I've got those custom red hook P-rigs you wanted too.

i will leave them at the fishin hole labelled Beeguy, you can pick them up on friday or after of next week

BeeGuy
05-25-2012, 03:37 PM
i will leave them at the fishin hole labelled Beeguy, you can pick them up on friday or after of next week

awesome, ill have to return the favour!

BeeGuy
05-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Are you threatening me?

I have fat fingers, makes things in my hands look smaller then they appear. I have dealt with questions of my claims before, until I prove it to those who have questioned. Her response is always a GASP!

Your fish is a beast, more a reference to threads from the past.

And fisherperson tales generally