PDA

View Full Version : Which part of Travers is closed?

Krush
05-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Hoping someone can clue me in a little here. I've been to Travers once and that was for ice fishing. We fished near Little Bow Prov Park a little ways up the "river". So, that is the only area I know. In relation to the boat launch, which section is closed right now?

I'm thinking about taking my float tube there this weekend and just want to make sure I don't waste my time.

Why don't the regs use coordinates like everybody else? Does anyone know an easy way on the internet to convert the old school "SW 2-15-22-W4" crap to longitude and latitude?
:angry3:

Thanks.

Chris84
05-24-2012, 02:38 PM
It is pretty clearly marked. North of the boat launch/docks area there are red markers, no fishing past those markers. The "river" part you refer to is closed. You'll see when you get there, there will be nobody fishing on the north side of the marker buoys and a ton of people fishing on the south side. I hope this helps.

Chris

Krush
05-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Yup. Helps a bunch. Thanks!

chubbdarter
05-24-2012, 03:11 PM
from that point west to the carmangay wier is closed . Although not defined in the Travers specific regs where the closure extends to, I believe the Little Bow River specific regs address the closures most westerly point.