PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon boat advice needed

dwo
05-24-2012, 06:41 PM
I am thinking of buying a personal pontoon boat. Costco has one right now for under $400. 9' long and has a bracket for a trolling motor.

What should I look for as far as features? Is 9' to small for a trolling motor/battery setup?

TrollGRG
05-24-2012, 06:54 PM
check out this thread
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=86792&highlight=costco+pontoon

vinny
05-25-2012, 08:15 AM
You get what you pay for. Spend the money if you can, and get an Outcast.

pipco
05-25-2012, 08:17 AM

Yep.

mayuan
05-25-2012, 08:39 AM

Or if you want a little better get a Scadden and you don't have to upgrade. Lifetime warranty on them too.

Puretuff
05-26-2012, 02:22 AM
i got a fishcat 9 ir from wholesale this year and its a great toon for the price. i got a 30 lbs troller and a BIG battery on it holds them just fine. i made a checker plate battery mount , the cloth ones i just dont trust and thiers lots of stuff you can put on it . baught a new pimpin swivle seet so i just sit sidways on it and rest my arm on the troller, easy peesy, thiers a mount you can get a the fishing hole to mount your fish finder sencer to the bottom of your trolling motar . you can mount rod holders . so ya just make sure it can hold the weight that you want and you will be happy with a 9 footer. it holds everything so well i already want a 55lbs troller now lol . but a 30 is great i highly recomend the fishcat line. o yeah i can also stand up on them no prob. not sure if this helps ya but good luck and just get one already :) you will love it.