PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Saturday, Where Should We Go?

biggamehunter
05-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Going fishing Saturday with my dad and FH7 and it seems like the hardest thing to do right now is to pick a place to fish. If were gonna drive 2-3 hours we want to be able to be catching fish non stop. I have numerous spots on my mind, of course there's the obvious Edmonton are spots East pit, Hasse, Hermitage, Beaumont, Chickakoo, Sauer, Black Nugget, Coal Lake, etc... But then there's those spots you gotta drive a few hours and don't know if it's worth it such as Caroline and area ponds and lakes, forestry trunk road rivers and lakes, Brazeau area, Red Deer area, etc... So I just was wondering where the bite is on and where we could go to catch decent fish (trout, pike, anything...) on Saturday and have a good time. If you don't wanna share your spots publicly pm me if you would be so kind to share a good spot. I just don't really wanna drive for 2-3 hours and get skunked, that's all. Was actually leaning toward Brazeau area. Any info on the hot spots would be appreciated. Thanks

TheLegend
05-24-2012, 10:23 PM
the bow is as good...

biggamehunter
05-24-2012, 10:34 PM
yah it's kinda far though!

Willowtrail
05-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Are you fishing from shore or boat?
I'm guessing shore based on your locations.

Hire BBJ to take you out on Wab and hammer some huge Pike

biggamehunter
05-24-2012, 10:48 PM
From shore, was gunna go to wab but my dad wants to be able to eat some of the fish he catches. I wouldnt eat anything from wab

sunnyvalesmostwanted
05-24-2012, 11:03 PM
I was looking up some shore fishing locations using the search function on here and theres a thread from a cpl years ago where bbj was recommending coal lake - i believe fishing from the south end of the lake....esp before the end of june?????? IIRC

Any updates on that lake? Id be interested in heading out there one time if its still a good fish from shore.

biggamehunter
05-25-2012, 07:19 AM
I've fished coal for years, but I have kinda gotten bored of coal lake

ice
05-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Where are you located? Faucet is good slave, coal, wab, Fork, angling, cold, but if your Gona go that far you might as well hit meadow lake pp, there's tons of places to go..

pophouseman
05-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Going fishing Saturday with my dad and FH7 and it seems like the hardest thing to do right now is to pick a place to fish. If were gonna drive 2-3 hours we want to be able to be catching fish non stop. I have numerous spots on my mind, of course there's the obvious Edmonton are spots East pit, Hasse, Hermitage, Beaumont, Chickakoo, Sauer, Black Nugget, Coal Lake, etc... But then there's those spots you gotta drive a few hours and don't know if it's worth it such as Caroline and area ponds and lakes, forestry trunk road rivers and lakes, Brazeau area, Red Deer area, etc... So I just was wondering where the bite is on and where we could go to catch decent fish (trout, pike, anything...) on Saturday and have a good time. If you don't wanna share your spots publicly pm me if you would be so kind to share a good spot. I just don't really wanna drive for 2-3 hours and get skunked, that's all. Was actually leaning toward Brazeau area. Any info on the hot spots would be appreciated. Thanks

I find that trying to find the fish is the fun part, not necessarily hammering them all day.......if thats all you want, go to calling and anchor up with the other 100 boats

Bhflyfisher
05-25-2012, 10:28 AM
well the brazeau area is out... most streams in the trunk road area are pretty much closed for the next few weeks.

you want quantity over quality?

If you're in red deer, you can be on the bow in 2 hours tops. In fact if you by pass calgary, and head straight for mackinnon flats, you can make it there from edmonton in 3 hours. Even less then from your area.

Maybe head to millers in hinton? You could get there in your 2-3 hour time frame. Or muskiki. But you would need boats.

BGSH
05-25-2012, 12:20 PM
If you want to catch walleye on the fly and none stop feel free to give me a text.

biggamehunter
05-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Maybe ill see, im from edmonton

chubbdarter
05-25-2012, 01:46 PM
If you want to catch walleye on the fly and none stop feel free to give me a text.

If i was you id push ALL in for the above offer. The evidence is clear BGSH ic a fish catching machine

biggamehunter
05-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Cant eat nsr fish...

TrollGRG
05-25-2012, 03:55 PM
If you want trout you can always go to Carson. They have a boardwalk/breakwater you can fish from and the trout are good eating.