PDA

View Full Version : Beauvias Lake...

tara_13
05-25-2012, 08:31 AM
Thinking I might header there today.. Has anyone been there lately ? Kinda of a long drive but its ok. Its a nice day for a drive and I like it there too...

Thanks all :)

sorry, down by Pincher Creek

biggyJ
05-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Not sure about Beauvais, but Lees just before was fishing well a couple of weeks ago. Nothing big buts lots of action.

tara_13
05-25-2012, 09:14 AM
Not sure about Beauvais, but Lees just before was fishing well a couple of weeks ago. Nothing big buts lots of action.

Im not sure where that is, heard of it though...

bikerman
05-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Im not sure where that is, heard of it though...

Just 3 kms south of hwy 3 on the hwy that goes to West Castle ski hill. Lake on west side with cottages around it, right beside the hwy. Lots of small fish, lots of fun. I usually troll a muddler minnow.

Guitarplayingfish
05-25-2012, 11:03 AM
You could troll a stick and still catch fish.. but don't expect anything over 1lb... You'll be super lucky to even get close to the 1lb mark actually, just little guys.. they don't get a chance to grow because people take home stringers of .5lb trout, see it every time.. sigh.

Scott N
05-25-2012, 11:16 AM
I've caught about half a dozen browns out of Beauvais over the years, the biggest one was probably close to 3 pounds.

Beaver Mines might be worth considering two as we were catching a few nice ones ice fishing in January. I was there a few weeks ago and the fishing wasn't great that day, although the wind was pretty brutal for a guy in a float tube, so I didn't stick it out that long.

tara_13
05-25-2012, 11:31 AM
You could troll a stick and still catch fish.. but don't expect anything over 1lb... You'll be super lucky to even get close to the 1lb mark actually, just little guys.. they don't get a chance to grow because people take home stringers of .5lb trout, see it every time.. sigh.

Ya it was like that last summer. But alpt of little guys and threw them back... However. My daughter made me busy so its too late to go there now. So here I am bymyself in a small pond in my town. Places are too long of a drive now. But its ok ! She's important. :)

Guitarplayingfish
05-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Ya it was like that last summer. But alpt of little guys and threw them back... However. My daughter made me busy so its too late to go there now. So here I am bymyself in a small pond in my town. Places are too long of a drive now. But its ok ! She's important. :)

I hear ya, driving time can be a disappointment when it comes to fishing. At least your outside enjoying the weather!