PDA

View Full Version : Fly in fishing to Colin Lake,AB

FishHunterPro
05-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Hi everyone I'm heading to colin lake with Mikisew sport fishing for the first time. I've been to two other mikisew lakes and they've been fantastic. Just curious if anyone's had the chance to get up there and share some input on the camp , lake and how the fishing was. Everyone in the group is set up with poratable downrigers and we all have good setups for pike. We are heading out July 5th/12 for 5 nights should be an awesome trip!

Soiler
05-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm headin into Colin as well this year. Big fish are there & the camp was great last time in. We're flying in on july 2-7 this year.

nimrod
06-04-2012, 10:36 PM
We just got back from Colin, hammered lakers and pike, we did not keep count, but at least 15 lakers over 12, 5 were over 15, lots of pike, a few 5-8 lb and a couple at 15 lbs, great trip, note watch out for water in the gas, ( tidy tank), it was a good thing one of the guys with us was a small engine mechanic, had to take the fuel tank off the generator, and dump out the watery gas, after that no problems, we had to run the generator to keep the fridge running, if not the batteries that run the inverter would run down and the fridge would quit, had to keep our fish that we took home frozen.

getasheep
06-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Hi Nimrod,

For those of use heading to Colin in the next month or so, any specific tips of location, tackle etc.

Glad you had a great time, and hope ours is as good.

Thanks

Trav

nimrod
06-04-2012, 11:53 PM
Get a better map of the lake than Mikisew has on there website, we found some good holes that were not listed on there map.