PDA

View Full Version : Touchwood walleye

Fishfull Thinker..
05-26-2012, 05:29 AM
Heading out on touchwood today,Ive been having some trouble finding walleye this time of year,Only come up this way once a year can anyone tell me a couple hints like temp & depth?I would love a few Pctures with these huge specimens.Any tips are greatly appreciated.Thanks & great fishing.

Safety D
05-26-2012, 09:29 PM
I wouldnt waste any time at Touchwood...

pickrel pat
05-26-2012, 09:42 PM
I wouldnt waste any time at Touchwood...

how come?

kreator
05-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Good luck at this time of year!

pickrel pat
05-26-2012, 10:20 PM
Good luck at this time of year!

whats wrong with this time of year?

NSRfishing
05-26-2012, 10:23 PM
ive had success with a Down Deep Husky Jerk gold color

LacLaBicheNS
05-26-2012, 10:24 PM
walleye were biting non stop all morning in jackson/kinnard/blackett. jig and minnow/leetch maybe 8-15 feet down. I'd assume since touchwood is deeper and colder they might not be as active right now than the smaller lakes

pickrel pat
05-26-2012, 10:26 PM
i had good fishing with a jig and minnow last year. was like fishing slave lake when the bite was on...... only bigger!

kreator
05-26-2012, 10:48 PM
whats wrong with this time of year?

I tend not to do well for walleye in Touchwood until a little later. But when they're biting, it's almost unbeatable.

sco22
05-27-2012, 12:51 PM
I agree with Kreator. . .Touchwood doesn't really start producing until mid June after the water temps start get up a bit. By the end of June, it is fantastic, although I have noticed the walleye starting to move away from the usual spots like the narrows and bare ***** point.

Cheers.

enduro155
05-29-2012, 02:35 PM
How is the road going in this year.
I have always wanted to fish touchwood, and now finally have a truck that can pull my boat up through the gravel.
How busy is the campground in June?
thanks

TBark
05-29-2012, 07:06 PM
Is Touchwood still zero keep for walleye ?
Used to fish there a lot in the 90's, then they closed it for keepers.

TBark

pickrel pat
05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
0 walleye

Gus
05-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Edit: jumped posts... whoops

sco22
05-30-2012, 12:51 PM
How is the road going in this year.
I have always wanted to fish touchwood, and now finally have a truck that can pull my boat up through the gravel.
How busy is the campground in June?
thanks

The road is fine. It gets a bit washboarded in a few places, but generally speaking it is good. As for the campground, it is certainly busier now that there is no overnight parking at the staging area for Jackson. Most weekends it will be close to full if not packed. If I am going for the weekend, I will generally pull my 5th wheel up on Wednesday.

Cheers.

enduro155
05-30-2012, 03:05 PM
The road is fine. It gets a bit washboarded in a few places, but generally speaking it is good. As for the campground, it is certainly busier now that there is no overnight parking at the staging area for Jackson. Most weekends it will be close to full if not packed. If I am going for the weekend, I will generally pull my 5th wheel up on Wednesday.

Cheers.

I am looking forward to fishing touchwood. It reminds me of some of the lakes back in the Duck MOuntains in Manitoba. Something about 60km of gravel to a pristine lake that isnt completely flooded with jet skiis and wake boarders really appeals to me...
Is it pretty quiet though? Or has the crowd a bit more rowdy with all the quaders that used to park at Jackson?

sco22
05-30-2012, 03:43 PM
The CO's are in Touchwood a lot so it stays fairly quiet. Plus there is a full time site manager. Lots of generators running, but they do a good job of quietting it down at night. If you are willing to take a spot in the south loop at the top, you can get a pretty quiet spot. The mornings have a lot of activity with people heading up to Jackson, but you can't run an ATV in the campground so it isn't bad.

The drive in is only 29 km of gravel and well worth it. Plus the lake is so big that you rarely get overlap between the fishermen/women and the skiers/seado crowd.

Cheers.

enduro155
05-30-2012, 03:45 PM
The CO's are in Touchwood a lot so it stays fairly quiet. Plus there is a full time site manager. Lots of generators running, but they do a good job of quietting it down at night. If you are willing to take a spot in the south loop at the top, you can get a pretty quiet spot. The mornings have a lot of activity with people heading up to Jackson, but you can't run an ATV in the campground so it isn't bad.

The drive in is only 29 km of gravel and well worth it. Plus the lake is so big that you rarely get overlap between the fishermen/women and the skiers/seado crowd.

Cheers.

Thanks Again