PDA

View Full Version : Wab last night - good samaritans

tohloo
05-26-2012, 09:25 AM
The wife and I went to Wabamun last night for a couple of hours. Talking to a guy on the dock who just came in said the fish were on, 8-10 feet of water just out front of the dock and off to the right. We fished for a couple of hours, the bite had slowed down put was OK. The water was like glass, then the wind picked up, a bad looking cloud was around, we made the decision go call it a day. We got to the dock, fighting the ever increasing wind and now it started to rain. I also noticed that that everyone was coming in. I was trying to trailer my 14 foot car topper fighting the wind and looked over my shoulder and there was a 12 foot cat topper waiting for his partner to get the trailer. I had a heck of a time, fighting the wind and waves. The 12 footer had a harder time! While waiting by the walking part of the dock a wave hit the back of his boat and it started to take on water, the wave went up and over the back of the boat, the guy in the boat went to the front of the boat to try and level it off with no avail. The boat was sinking and then it rolled over with him and all the gear in the boat. Then the good part comes, probably 6 people come to the rescue, they ensured the person in the boat was OK, they were able to mussel the boat out of the water and I think they got all their gear. It made me realize how just one wave can sink a boat and how fast it can happen, and also how quick help was there to help someone in need. In the end the two guys left the dock laughing about what had happened and a great story to tell around the camp fire.

huffy
05-26-2012, 12:20 PM
Nice to hear about fisherman coming to the aid of one another, even though I really expect nothing less!:love0025:

waterninja
05-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Nice to hear about fisherman coming to the aid of one another, even though I really expect nothing less!:love0025:
x2

Alberta Bigbore
05-26-2012, 01:59 PM
X3