PDA

View Full Version : strike indicater on my fly?

jamieishere
05-26-2012, 06:40 PM
How do you tie them on I have the fluffy type with a loop just tie it to the thick end off my leader?

Dust1n
05-26-2012, 06:47 PM
make a loop with your leader and wrap it under. Theirs no need for knots so your able to change depths

trigger7mm
05-26-2012, 07:32 PM
I like using the small cork style indicators that come with a center peg. Just make a small loop in your leader on the top side of the cork, and push in the peg. They work great. I bought mine at the Fishin Hole. They come in bright colors and the center peg is usually black. They sit high on top of the water making them very easy to see, and never get waterlogged.

jamieishere
05-26-2012, 08:04 PM
I just bought the fuzzy ones. I donno what you guy mean by a loop lol

hal53
05-26-2012, 08:13 PM
I just bought the fuzzy ones. I donno what you guy mean by a loop loleasier way is to get the bright foam ones, figure out what depth you want your lures at, slide the foamy/ cork to that depth, stick a piece of wooden tooth pick in beside it...and have fun...

Dust1n
05-26-2012, 08:40 PM
I like the thingamabobers the best but every indicator is good for different situations. The yarn indicators are great for slow moving creeks that need to be suttle yet the other cork indicators can be used for fast moving water where it wont sink opposed to the yarn. The thingamabobers are light,cast easy and wont sink and comes in clear(what iv been using on the bow)

flyguyd
05-26-2012, 10:37 PM
How do you tie them on I have the fluffy type with a loop just tie it to the thick end off my leader?

I hope its a calm day when you use them ,because the fluffy ones hold air like a parachute:thinking-006:

bobalong
05-26-2012, 11:39 PM
I like the thingamabobers the best but every indicator is good for different situations. The yarn indicators are great for slow moving creeks that need to be suttle yet the other cork indicators can be used for fast moving water where it wont sink opposed to the yarn. The thingamabobers are light,cast easy and wont sink and comes in clear(what iv been using on the bow)

I like the thingamabobbers as well, very easy to cast and ride fairly high in the water.

Doc
05-27-2012, 08:40 AM
I just bought the fuzzy ones. I donno what you guy mean by a loop lol

Fold the line so that you make a loop. Place the loop into and through the round rubber ring and then push the "fuzzy" through the loop and pull on the leader.

Try these ones, they're easier to use especially for fishing stillwaters when you need the indicator to release on it's own.

http://www.flyfishingtechniques.co/2011/02/fly-fishing-quick-release-indicators/

Cheers,
Doc

jamieishere
05-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Fold the line so that you make a loop. Place the loop into and through the round rubber ring and then push the "fuzzy" through the loop and pull on the leader.

Try these ones, they're easier to use especially for fishing stillwaters when you need the indicator to release on it's own.

http://www.flyfishingtechniques.co/2011/02/fly-fishing-quick-release-indicators/

Cheers,
Doc

Awesome thanks you

Daceminnow
05-27-2012, 07:01 PM
these are very similar to the thingamabobber. difference is you don't need to loop your leader through the bobber. it has a screw top and a rubber o ring. wrap your leader around a couple times, tighten the screw and you're fishing. i've used them and they also work well. i've seen them both at TFH and WSS.

http://www.pmgtackle.com/Strike-Indicators/Sierra-Drifters-strike-indicator

Dace