PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Saskachewan

jungleboy
05-27-2012, 09:36 AM
I am looking at heading east this summer for holidays and would like some ideas for quality fishing in Sask. Within a days drive of Edmonton would be nice. Any suggestions?

GoneFishin'
05-27-2012, 09:43 AM
I am looking at heading east this summer for holidays and would like some ideas for quality fishing in Sask. Within a days drive of Edmonton would be nice. Any suggestions?

I know a great lake :)...good camping if you can get a spot though. It has a pool but gets crazy busy with kids taking swimming lessons in the summer, but it's a big lake. There are some good spots all over Saskatchewan really. Check out www.saskregionalparks.ca

Smokey
05-27-2012, 11:58 AM
There are no end of possibilities. My favorite is always Deifenbaker. I`ve never seen a busy day on a lake there like in Alberta. The people are friendly, and what lake can offer the different amount of species. From Walleye to Trout, to Pike, goldeye, perch, Sturgeon, its a unique lake. Camping is cheep. Northern Sask on the other side of Cold lake provides huge opportunities as well. Cypress Hills to the south can be a wonderful experience from what I have heard.

Gus
05-27-2012, 07:32 PM
There are no end of possibilities. My favorite is always Deifenbaker. I`ve never seen a busy day on a lake there like in Alberta. The people are friendly, and what lake can offer the different amount of species. From Walleye to Trout, to Pike, goldeye, perch, Sturgeon, its a unique lake. Camping is cheep. Northern Sask on the other side of Cold lake provides huge opportunities as well. Cypress Hills to the south can be a wonderful experience from what I have heard.

x2 on Deifenbaker especially if you want to stay south.

bsnyder
05-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Big River, 6 hrs from Edmonton.30 ish lakes.Awsum ,clean water ,beaches

birdslayer
05-28-2012, 10:00 PM
check out Meadow Lake Prov. Park lakes , lots of lakes and good fishing. We are going back to Emma Lake north of Prince Albert , very pretty lakes but have not found the fishing as good , just busy lakes and getting fished harder . Candle Lake is also another nice area.

wmw9
05-29-2012, 11:16 AM
We were at Waterhen Lake in Meadow Lake park this weekend and it was extremely slow. I've fished the lake several times over the past 5 years and have never seen it like this.

A few years ago you could hammer really big pike there, word got out now it's tough to catch anything with decent size.

Safety D
05-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Ya meadow lake is slow compared to 20 years ago. I would venture out another 2 hours from there for some good results.

TJG
05-29-2012, 05:32 PM
South: Last Mountain Lake northwest of Regina
Chance at a 10# plus walleye every cast, hugh pike
jumbo perch, carp. No other place like it and close to a city.

North: Lac La Ronge
Walleye, pike, lake trout, hugh

topgun2269
05-29-2012, 05:46 PM
very good lake

wolfkiller
05-29-2012, 06:14 PM
South: Last Mountain Lake northwest of Regina
Chance at a 10# plus walleye every cast, hugh pike
jumbo perch, carp. No other place like it and close to a city.

North: Lac La Ronge
Walleye, pike, lake trout, hugh

Where do you recommend camping at Last Mtn, been looking at going east as well.