PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new rod....HELP!!!!!

slvrsurfr
03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
Was looking for a new rod today...was checking out the Loomis booth at the fishn hole show. I need something I can use in the river as well as the lakes. The rep showed me one but i cant remember what it was....it was a 7'....2 piece in the walleye series...anyone have any recommendations? thinking about pairing it with a shimano sustain....help...please

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-29-2008, 11:34 PM
well id stick to anything berkley lightining is a good rod, uh shamano scrambler, fenwick anything in the walleye series those are great rods for our waters.Quantum is ok havent used those rods yet but once everything opens up agian I sure will give it a test of a lifetime.

Waxy
03-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Take a look at the Shimano rods, Compre or Crucial. The Fishin' Hole will have them in stock for sure.

I really like the Crucials. They're pricey, but they are great rods, and a bargain for the price compared to other rods of the same quality - Loomis, Fenwick, St Croix, etc... If you can afford a Sustain, you can afford to pair it with a nice Crucial for a truly top notch setup. I use Crucials and Stradics.

The other major bonus of the Shimano rods is the over the counter lifetime warranty. Not hassle or shipping, just take it back to where you bought it and they'll give you a new one - unless it's obviously been abused of course.

Other than that, the Loomis, Fenwicks, and St.Croix are all excellent high end rods. Berkley, Quantum, Daiwa, etc... all make pretty decent rods too. It depends how much you want to spend...

Waxy

P.S. If you can, go with a 1 piece rod. They're more sensitive and provide better action.