PDA

View Full Version : Williston Lake: General info?

Peterupnorth
05-28-2012, 12:39 AM
I'm wondering if anyone visits/fishes this lake on a regular basis. Am curious as to boating conditions as I understand there are some challenges with debris and water level changes of the reservoir.

Tiguy
05-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Went fishing there in 1971. The dam hadn't been filled up that long. We had to be very careful with what we called deadheads.( trees that were sort of floating on end. We went aprox 25 or so miles to the Carbondale river arm then to the mouth of the river. We caught and released a mess of rainbows and grayling. A fish on every cast. Lots of scenery and animals. We spotted sheep, moose, deer and 2 bears.
Not sure how the fishing is now.

Kingfisher
05-29-2012, 10:39 PM
Been a long time since I was there too. It was the early 80's. I was at the McKenzie end. We fished only for a day and got a few fish. 3 rainbows, 2 bull trout, 3 kokanee. But another guy who was fishing just near us pulled in a 8lb rainbow. We saw him at the dock later. He was using the same stuff exactally as us. We got 8 fish he had 17. All I know is it seemed like every time I looked over he had a damn fish on.

Rob