PDA

View Full Version : Calling lake/ fawcett lake

Princecraft164
05-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Has anyone fished either yet this year? Thinking about going to fawcett for the first time ever... Anything i need to know? Rocks or deadheads? Also where is the best place to launch the boat for the day? If its not worth going I'll just hit calling lake like usual.

Thanks.

highwood
05-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Has anyone fished either yet this year? Thinking about going to fawcett for the first time ever... Anything i need to know? Rocks or deadheads? Also where is the best place to launch the boat for the day? If its not worth going I'll just hit calling lake like usual.

Thanks.

It would be in your best interest to not fish Calling until June 1st.

bowhunter79
05-28-2012, 01:23 PM
I would agree with highwood. read the regs

Princecraft164
05-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Should of clarified that, Im heading out for june 1st.

Sooner
05-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Faucett has a few dead heads and they are just above water. Hard to see if there are any waves. One is near the boat launch on the west side and a couple on the south side of the lake. Lake kinda runs east west so along the south shore and out a couple hundread yards. I never understood why they dont flag these old logs. I guess its a liability thing just like springs on a frozen lake.

Lefty-Canuck
05-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Here is the info on Calling Lake just fro those who didn't know.....this is the "corrected" version.

NOTICE
Calling Lake Regulation Error 2012-2013
Please note that the current 2012 Alberta Sportfishing Guide, available in print, contains an error regarding the regulation on Calling Lake.

The regulation should read as follows:

Calling Lake & tributaries & outlet downstream for 1km
Walleye limit 2 (between 45 cm and 55 cm); Pike limit 1 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Lake Whitefish 10; Burbot limit 10.
Lake
• June 1 to Mar. 31 – OPEN
• Apr. 1 to May 31 – CLOSED
All tributaries & outlet downstream for 1 km
• June 1 to Oct. 31 – OPEN
• Nov. 1 to May 31 - CLOSED

The correction has been made to the online version of the Guide.

LC

RCollins
06-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Fished Fawcett last three days. Windy, but good fishing. No deadheads spotted but kept an eye out.
Pike are skinny as hell, big heads no girth. Lots of walleye if you can find them.
Hard to get a legal one of either however. (50 cm walleye, 63 pike)