PDA

View Full Version : more tickets handed out on nsr

waterninja
05-28-2012, 01:05 PM
was on the river at herm. on sunday for a couple hours. was meeting a freind with children otherwise wouldn't have bothered knowing it would be crowded. srd handed out some tickets for no liscenes and gave one fellow a 100.00 ticket for a barbed hook. he claimed to have pinched it but they said not enough. they gave a young lady a warning for the same thing which really set the first guy off. funny thing is the c.o. did not keep the hook for evidence which i thought was strange. if he decides to contest the tickect whats to stop him from pinching the hook better or even bringing another hook to court?

BeeGuy
05-28-2012, 01:08 PM
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

shoulda fined the lady the same as the man

Guitarplayingfish
05-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah that is bizarre... the CO should have taken the hook for evidence. Usually they give out 1 warning before they start issuing tickets (for having a barbed hook).. Maybe that fella had already had a warning previously.

Anyway, glad to see enforcement is out and doing their job to help protect our fisheries. Also, glad to see that sturgeon poacher got busted, I hope he recieves the MAXIMUM fine.

Jamie Black R/T
05-28-2012, 01:19 PM
the guy probably got p***y with the CO and girl was probably polite.

she should have got a ticket too...but a little respect goes a long way when dealing with authorities.

dragon
05-28-2012, 01:27 PM
funny thing is the c.o. did not keep the hook for evidence which i thought was strange. if he decides to contest the tickect whats to stop him from pinching the hook better or even bringing another hook to court?

Why would he take it? They don't keep your car when you get a seatbelt infraction? (or maybe they do)
Whats to stop him from bringing in a car that doesn't require seatbelts to court?
Should have taken his rod too. Who was to say he was even fishing?

Glad they caught him!

Sundancefisher
05-28-2012, 01:28 PM
I heard that when fighting the barbed hook regulation in court the judge usually looks to see if a obvious intent to pinch the barb was made... If so the case is thrown out. I think this is fair to stop over zealous folks from trying to impose perfectly unbarbed hooks.

npauls
05-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I thought a barbed hook ticket was $200?

My buddy completely forgot to pinch a fly a few years ago and just happened to get checked. He pinches all the bards on his hooks as soon as he gets them so it was just an honest mistake which he didn't complain and was very polite to the c.o. and just took the ticket it and paid it the next day.

Is it up to the c.o. on how much they charge for each infraction or is there a set rate?

Marsha
05-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Was at Whitemud at the creek yesterday and saw a gentleman get a ticket for barbed hooks and expired licence, as soon as the officers left a friend of his showed up with new gear and they were both fishing again. one other asked what happened and the gent told it and said false imigration ID works everytime??

some people have 0 respect.....

crosbyfan123
05-28-2012, 02:26 PM
^^^^^^^^ LOOOOOOOOL :sHa_sarcasticlol:

ReconWilly
05-28-2012, 02:58 PM
Was at Whitemud at the creek yesterday and saw a gentleman get a ticket for barbed hooks and expired licence, as soon as the officers left a friend of his showed up with new gear and they were both fishing again. one other asked what happened and the gent told it and said false imigration ID works everytime??

some people have 0 respect.....

Imagration fraud is even more concerning than theft, please report that criminal, who knows what hes up to if he needs to knowingly falsify international documents?!? My Canada does not want international criminals taking advantage of our weak and farrrrrrrrrrrr too liberal justice system, and save me the poor me ignorant immigrant sob stories, i feel NO compassion for rotten people who come from other countries that were more than happy to see them leave.period.