PDA

View Full Version : East pit lake

Ming8
05-28-2012, 10:16 PM
Went to the lake today and caught 3 smaller rainbows. About to leave and hit a 2.5 pounder. A guy on my left with a black dog came over and we talked a bit. Curious, is he on this forum?

BGSH
05-28-2012, 11:15 PM
East pit was one of my first trout lakes i have fished in Alberta and 7 years ago the fishing here was great for bigger trout, but it is kind of a bland lake, not much senery here and a big walk down to this lake.

waterninja
05-29-2012, 03:26 AM
every time iv'e fished east pit only managed to catch small ones, though i keep hearing stories about monsters in there. what i like best about that pond is how clear the water is and it looks pretty deep.

Mattattack
05-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Yea, 7 years ago people were constantly pulling out monsters. Velveeta cheese was the trout slayer back then. It became really popular much like other great fisheries and the average size went down dramatically. I am sure lunkers still hide within the depths. It is deep.

pikehunter99
08-11-2012, 12:20 PM
Hey guys, i went to east pit a year ago and i didnt even get i bite.... i use worms, power bait and spinners. any tips i may be heading out their before school starts.

P.s anyone know how deep the lake is i am taking my canoe with me? and are electric motors aloud?
:confused::confused::confused:confused::confused:: confused::confused:

justinO
08-11-2012, 01:51 PM
It is very deep in the middle, I once carried an aluminum in there with a friend. plus a car battery, trolling motor, and fishing gear. Last time I did that lol but We pounded them trolling a willow leaf. Definatly big fish in there.

Strikemaster
08-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Along the southeast shoreline it drops to 25'. As you travel West the lake gets shallower resulting in some shallow "flats" areas on the West side.

jackrabbit000
08-13-2012, 08:48 AM
I was there a couple of years ago and caught one small fish about 7" on a small spinner. A few other bites and that was it. Three others with me didn't catch anything.

zoomkaman
08-24-2012, 08:09 AM
Hey guys, i went to east pit a year ago and i didnt even get i bite.... i use worms, power bait and spinners. any tips i may be heading out their before school starts.

P.s anyone know how deep the lake is i am taking my canoe with me? and are electric motors aloud?
:confused::confused::confused:confused::confused:: confused::confused:

Go to Cabella buy some power baits flavored with corn or just bring a can of corn kernels. Caught a 4 pounder 3 weeks ago. I have seen some people using yellow power bait with white marshmallow and are quite successful.

Kim473
08-25-2012, 05:28 AM
Do they taste good from there or do they taste like coal oil?
Can't wait till late Dec or early January to go to my favorite trout lake.
Anyone try shrimp from a shrimp ring there?