PDA

View Full Version : Go Pro for my pontoon

jusfloatin
05-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Good day to all
I am considering a purchase of a Go Pro Hero for my pontoon.

I thought it would be great to record some of the days fishing and anything else worth recording.
But before I drop the cash it would be nice to talk to someone that has/uses one.
Anyone?

Guitarplayingfish
05-29-2012, 08:50 AM
I don't have one, but I have heard nothing but good things... I will be getting one sooner or later when I have the money so I can try to get some footage of bulls hitting cutties (it happens to me several times each year)... They seem like they would be a great way to get underwater footage as well as hands-free footage.. I have also heard they are super durable.

edmonton floater
05-29-2012, 08:53 AM
I have a Gopro for my float tube and I find that it works awesome!
you may want to get the floaty back piece for just in case it decides to go over board.
it works great for getting a wide angle view from the float tube capturing everything in your surroundings and that monster you just hooked!
also great for the underwater view when/if you release the fish.

Albertafisher
05-29-2012, 05:12 PM
I have a GoPro hero2 and it's AMAZING. I totally recommend it to any outdoorsman. All the applications it has makes it a very useful tool. Plus you can get great solo fish pictures without having a cameraman (due to the timelapse setting).

El Pescador
05-29-2012, 05:22 PM
I have a GoPro Hero (v1) and I am quite happy with it. They made some changes with the newer version (Hero 2) that make for better underwater shooting. I hand wanted to attach it my pontoon boat last summer but never got around to it, much to my dismay.

All in all I'd say the money would be well spent for you and I sure look forward to seeing you post your results!

jusfloatin
05-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Where did you mount yours?

I was thinking of one of those flexible cables, mounted behind the seat off to one side.

I also thought a LCD screen would be a good thing to get with it.

El Pescador
05-31-2012, 03:06 PM
I couldn't come up with a decent way to mount it and as last year was a very busy one I didn't have the time to devote to improvising a solution. I was thinking that a rod holder that I bought would do the trick but the straps were far too short to allow it to attach to my pontoon (maybe a belly boat) even for its' intended purpose. All I really need to do is lengthen the strap and try again...