PDA

View Full Version : Digital Fish Scale ??

yulful
05-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Does anyone have a digital sacle? I'm looking for suggestions on which brand to buy. Theres a few to choose from.
Thanks

azn_rice_man
05-29-2012, 10:55 AM
They're all probably very similar quality in the $20 market. I got one no name brand and it works just fine. Rapala has a nice looking one, but I can't say about quality.

Booner1
05-29-2012, 10:57 AM
i have owned about five over the years. one fell over board one was stolen out of my truck one got thrown out due to wife cleaning (was in a bag) and cant find the other. they all seem to work pretty well try to get one with AAA batteries if there is such a thing (for ease of find at store)most have a watch battery. try to get one with good handle a strap doesnt hurt either..

here is a tip if you want to have a fish larger than a buddy push up on the hook while zeroing the unit and she will add 3-10 oz to a fish..lol

bardfromedson
05-29-2012, 01:59 PM
i have a black berkley and a grey rapala. the berkley sucks. the rapala is good. its good up to 50lbs and takes a 9v battery. hope to max it out on a fat spring this year.

RapStaff
05-29-2012, 02:41 PM
x2 on the Rapala I've had a 50# model for a year now. Same nine volt.

On a side note however....... When weighing large fish a craddle should be used.
It gives me a sick feeling when I see a large fish hoisted by its gill plate on a scale.

yulful
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Perfect, Thanks for the reply guys. I'd only be needing it for 15LBS max! The chances of a walleye or a rainbow maxing that out would be very rare for me!

Commander B
05-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Rapalla 50 lb served me well for a lot of years. It has a function to keep track of fish weights aswell. ... X2 on the cradle or weigh it in the net then subtract the difference. NEVER in the gills!!!!

B.