PDA

View Full Version : Charles Lake South or Wylie

dogpound
05-29-2012, 03:26 PM
I have seen lots of information on here about Wylie lake with Mikisew - any thoughts or input on Charles Lake South?

We have our choice of the two just not sure what the differences may be - I guess Charles Lake is bigger but still very protected because its narrow.

Wylie sounds great - we are looking for Pike foremost then targetting the Lakers secondarily.

Walleye101
05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
I did Wylie a couple years ago and it was great. Pike fishing was awesome and the lakers were very plentiful as well. Watch out for lots of submerged boulders though! They have most of them marked but there are some that are not. Very nice lake!!!

FishHunterPro
05-30-2012, 01:46 PM
I fished charles lake north camp and the pike fishing was great, their is lots of monter pike in it. Your right about the lake being sheltered do there is lots of spots to fish on a windy day . This lake has underwater to ld to so your best taking your to time on the water anywhere you go. I have my trip booked for Colin lake this year threw Mikesew

Soiler
05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I really enjoyed Charles South camp a lot. Did really well on lakers after a couple days!!

Deer Hunter
05-31-2012, 11:00 AM
I have been to both places at the end of June/early July. Charles Lake South was great with just my Dad and I, very narrow lake, more sheltered, nice small island camp with a sand beach. Wylie there was 6 of us. Wylie had a bigger camp with electricity, we caught bigger fish but either place has lunkers. Wylie is a sucker for submerged boulders though. I have never heard my dad swear so much as to when we ran aground full throttle in the middle of the lake. Ha! Big jack fish there as well. PM me if you need more info.

Charles Lake South dock

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj188/AlbertaFleaBags/08Fishing049.jpg

Wylie Jackfish

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj188/AlbertaFleaBags/Wylie011.jpg

Thought I had more pics on photo bucket but i guess not. I'll load some more tonight. Either place is awesome. wish I was going there this year.