PDA

View Full Version : sask weekend brown-sturgen fishing

fishinggeek
05-30-2012, 09:21 AM
hit up sask this weekend and got into some nice fish again. From all the fish we caught i gotta say im falling in love with these thick browns. Enjoy.
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/BROWN.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/BROWN1.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/STURG.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/sturg3.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l23/fishinggeek/sturg1.jpg

Redfrog
05-30-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the pics. Awesome as usual.:sHa_shakeshout:

heat seeker
05-30-2012, 10:28 AM
pretty killer fish ,very nice brown is it catch and release , where in sask did you go, what river. man would love to go there.

heat seeker
05-30-2012, 11:11 AM
just wanted to get you my address ,would be very thrilled to try the river some time
chris_halaszczyk@hotmail.com

chubbdarter
05-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Always a pleasure to open your threads.....noice work

do we all post our contact info here to win a trip with you?...........lol

fishinggeek
05-30-2012, 12:00 PM
pretty killer fish ,very nice brown is it catch and release , where in sask did you go, what river. man would love to go there.

Caught the sturgen in the ssriver in saskatoon. brown was not caught there. only the longer time members know where were catching the browns. We have only started fishing for them this year and have tackled 5 ranging from 28.5inch to 18inch.:sHa_shakeshout: ****ALL**** Browns are released unharmed.

fishinggeek
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Always a pleasure to open your threads.....noice work

do we all post our contact info here to win a trip with you?...........lol

lmao, kinda what i thought also. Oh yeah, here are the gps coordinates, time of day fish was landed and hook used. And please keep ALL browns. J/k

BGSH
05-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Love the big brown, awsome, we caught some monsters last night, should have taking more senery pictures though. i would post some pics but left camera in truck, i am heading out soon lol.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-30-2012, 12:22 PM
lmao, kinda what i thought also. Oh yeah, here are the gps coordinates, time of day fish was landed and hook used. And please keep ALL browns. J/k

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thats a beautiful sturgeon . Do you catch them in Saskatchewan Tagged ?

Alberta Bigbore
05-30-2012, 12:30 PM
awesome fish! Congrats!

chubbdarter
05-30-2012, 01:22 PM

LOL..HAHHAHAHAHAHHA i know where you live
let the bidding start...who wants the geeks addy and cell number..start the bidding at 5000.00

fishinggeek
05-30-2012, 05:02 PM
LOL..HAHHAHAHAHAHHA i know where you live
let the bidding start...who wants the geeks addy and cell number..start the bidding at 5000.00

lol. sorry chubbdarter, that comment was directed toward heat seeker. But yeah, come on over and we can go slay some saskatchwan fish together. :)

Dust1n
05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
That is some very nice quality brown trout! :rolleyes:

BobLoblaw
05-31-2012, 07:45 AM
Very nice, geek!
Fantastic browns. The third one is huge; biggest brown I've ever seen! But, why does it have whiskers???:confused:

heat seeker
05-31-2012, 03:27 PM
not really the responce i was looking for , but was not shocked at all considering the level of COOLNESS , KARMA I LOVE YOU MUCH!!!!! APPARANTLY FISHING IS NOT A PASSION NOR IS HUMANISIM, WAS ONLY TRY'N TO HELP OUT SOME YOUNG FISH'N PARTNER,S GLAD EVERYONE IS SO WILLING TO HELP OUR YOUNGER GEN. GETTING STARTED THANX MUCH EVERYONE , THIS IS A PERFECT EX. AND GLAD TO LET THE YOUNGER PEOPLE READ THE COMMENT,S .I TOLD THEM TRUE FISHERMEN TAKE CARE OF EACHOTHER , AND WORK TOGETHER BUT LIKE I SAID WAY TO COOL.GFYS

fishman
05-31-2012, 04:21 PM
Them Browns are starting to intrest me might have to make a trip that way this fall........i am guessing that they are not being caught on flies....some bodies of waters - - - - - - - hooks seem to really intrest them browns

Bigwoodsman
05-31-2012, 04:39 PM
Great Fish, and even greater pictures.

Thanks for posting

BW

ReconWilly
05-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Damn geeks...too much!! You're spoiling the bleacher creatures...

Can i have you're twitter, facebook,address, email, phone#, business phone#, and a blood sample?

I just want take the fun out of learning new skills from some imaginary young people...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Levy
05-31-2012, 06:34 PM
Great fish FishingGeek! I have seen a few nice sturgeon come out of that spot. A friend and I are planning on heading up to an unnammed park for some browns in next few weeks, would be nice if we could snag something half that size.

fishinggeek
05-31-2012, 07:21 PM
not really the responce i was looking for , but was not shocked at all considering the level of COOLNESS , KARMA I LOVE YOU MUCH!!!!! APPARANTLY FISHING IS NOT A PASSION NOR IS HUMANISIM, WAS ONLY TRY'N TO HELP OUT SOME YOUNG FISH'N PARTNER,S GLAD EVERYONE IS SO WILLING TO HELP OUR YOUNGER GEN. GETTING STARTED THANX MUCH EVERYONE , THIS IS A PERFECT EX. AND GLAD TO LET THE YOUNGER PEOPLE READ THE COMMENT,S .I TOLD THEM TRUE FISHERMEN TAKE CARE OF EACHOTHER , AND WORK TOGETHER BUT LIKE I SAID WAY TO COOL.GFYS

Sorry you feel that way. Not to get into much discussion about how you feel and your response to a comment that was intended to be more joking than anything, but my brother and i were never given anything in our quest for our 3 all tackle world records, we spent the time, money and many hours searching and figuring out new techniques. Do a little research and it wont be hard to figure out spots to go for yourselt. Tell you what, just google us (fishinggeeks) and it will get you on way. And if my brother and i told everyone how and where to fish, im sure those world records may have fallen to other people.
As for your last guote (GFYS). Make sure you do your homework about who you are directing that to, because if you have any desire to get into the fishing world, an attitude like that wont be getting yourself anywhere. FYI.

On a brighter note, to bigbadjohns question about the tagging sturgeon, we have yet to see one of these fish in the saskatoon river tagged. would be neat to see thou. And maybe soon i will see you and geezle on the water and we can wet a line, maybe hook into an alberta monster.:sHa_shakeshout:

burbotman
05-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Now those pics get the blood pumping!!

Thank you for continuing to share your pics with us. Reminds us all what is out there.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-31-2012, 11:57 PM
On a brighter note, to bigbadjohns question about the tagging sturgeon, we have yet to see one of these fish in the saskatoon river tagged. would be neat to see thou. And maybe soon i will see you and geezle on the water and we can wet a line, maybe hook into an alberta monster.:sHa_shakeshout:

Forsure . Saw you and Shawn at Wabamun a few weeks back . Didnt get to say hi but im sure we will run into each other . Ive only been river fishing a couple dozen times where as ive been out in the boat probably twice that . In search of some 10 lb + walleye within 2 hrs of Edmonton . Got into some nice fish but no 10 pounders . My buddy got a 9 and change Tuesday .

waterninja
06-01-2012, 02:50 AM
impressive post as always. you guys don't fool around. surprised to see the sun shining in this post.
if you catch a tagged sturgeon what's the procedure? do you get a hat?
you forgot to tell --- what you had for breakfast.

chubbdarter
06-01-2012, 12:50 PM
Sorry you feel that way. Not to get into much discussion about how you feel and your response to a comment that was intended to be more joking than anything, but my brother and i were never given anything in our quest for our 3 all tackle world records, we spent the time, money and many hours searching and figuring out new techniques. Do a little research and it wont be hard to figure out spots to go for yourselt. Tell you what, just google us (fishinggeeks) and it will get you on way. And if my brother and i told everyone how and where to fish, im sure those world records may have fallen to other people.
As for your last guote (GFYS). Make sure you do your homework about who you are directing that to, because if you have any desire to get into the fishing world, an attitude like that wont be getting yourself anywhere. FYI.

OH Boooooy

does this mean anymore fishing trips could result in us having a great day BUT i dont return home alive?

Fishnafterwork
07-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Well spoken fishinggeek .....!
I have to say I was in Saskatoon and got the pleasure of seeing your rainbow mount at the local tackle shop and wow what a fish!! R we gonna get a chance to see this fish at the local shop one day?

Fishnafterwork
07-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Hmmmm I guess this is what happens when u mix research with new posts at midnite .... Oops sorry:)