PDA

View Full Version : Children's Limits Part 2

Skeenabilly
05-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Looking and trying to understand the regulations. If my two kids who are 9 and 6 catch fish at a stocked pond, what is the limit for them? 5 each or 5 total between the two of them? Our bag that day was 5 total and since it was a grey area to me, we packed up the rods and went home but even if they caught 1 each, memories to last a lifetime.

thanks for your help.

Lefty-Canuck
05-30-2012, 09:38 PM
If a single angler limit is 5...the each of you have 5 fish you can retain. Keep in mind there is no sharing of limits so you cannot catch and retain 7 fish and they catch and retain 4 each.....technically. If you have your 5 you can still fish but you must release all caught after you have already kept your 5.

LC

Skeenabilly
05-30-2012, 09:48 PM
so, the kids can catch and keep 5 each but anything over is released. I am assuming that is what you are saying.

Lefty-Canuck
05-30-2012, 09:54 PM
so, the kids can catch and keep 5 each but anything over is released. I am assuming that is what you are saying.

Yup everyone can catch and keep a total of 5 fish (if that is the limit for the waterbody) BUT there is no sharing of limits (ie. One kid can't catch and keep 6 where the other catch and keeps 4....)

LC

Skeenabilly
05-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Thanks alot!!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-30-2012, 11:29 PM
Looking and trying to understand the regulations. If my two kids who are 9 and 6 catch fish at a stocked pond, what is the limit for them? 5 each or 5 total between the two of them? Our bag that day was 5 total and since it was a grey area to me, we packed up the rods and went home but even if they caught 1 each, memories to last a lifetime.

thanks for your help.

You each have a limit . That thread probably confused alot of people . Read the regulations on whatever the limits are on whatever waterbody you intend to fish . And remember a daily limit may only be kept if you do not surpass the provinchal limit aswell .