PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Chronarch Baitcaster / Pflueger Patriarch Baitcaster

Alberta Bigbore
05-31-2012, 08:07 AM
Chronarch

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/420_Shimano_Chronarch.jpg

Patriarch

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/PfluegerPatriarchBaitcaster.jpg

Anyone have either one and like to give a bit of feedback? I have a new Baitcaster laying around without a reel and was thinking of trying out either one of those before I just buy a Curado and be done with it.

I'm really liking the Spinning version of the Pflueger Patriarch, so Im really hoping for some good reviews on the baitcaster version.

Also, I can find a Chronarch, but I have yet to find a Pflueger Patriarch Baitcaster. Haven't checked Bass Pro, so If anyone has seen one there please let me know.

JohninAB
05-31-2012, 08:43 AM
Best bite my tongue else ban hammer may come out.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Mike what the heck man your straying away from Quantum whats wrong with you . Perhaps you had a little BROWN EYEEEEEEE . :lol:

Alberta Bigbore
05-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Mike what the heck man your straying away from Quantum whats wrong with you . Perhaps you had a little BROWN EYEEEEEEE . :lol:

lol

I've run Quantum's all my life, nothing wrong with trying the higher end of other companies. That is why I've made the post asking about these two as i think they would be a great match for my newest St Croix Legend Bass Tournement series rod.

Kenyaaaaaaaa!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-31-2012, 12:50 PM
lol

I've run Quantum's all my life, nothing wrong with trying the higher end of other companies. That is why I've made the post asking about these two as i think they would be a great match for my newest St Croix Legend Bass Tournement series rod.

Kenyaaaaaaaa!

Nothing wring with that . Why a bass rod , should invest in some WALLEYE RODS . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alberta Bigbore
05-31-2012, 01:19 PM
Nothing wring with that . Why a bass rod , should invest in some WALLEYE RODS . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Because I fish in Manitoba and Ontario. Plus JohninAB and I are entering that bass tourney in Skaha lake when the details surface. and yes BBJ, I've got quite a few Walleye Legend rods as well already. I picked this new $300 one up for $100.... Who's going to argue on that price?

The Great White Hype
05-31-2012, 02:31 PM
no comparison. The shimano baitcast should win this one hands down. They are the longest lasting baitcast on the market. This comparison has shimano landing on a win in every way... Better drag, light wieght, simple design (less to go wrong), all shimano baitcast are salt water capable out of the box, lower profile.

Shimano!!

TROLLER
05-31-2012, 02:37 PM
Chronarch

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/420_Shimano_Chronarch.jpg

Patriarch

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac153/mojobass/PfluegerPatriarchBaitcaster.jpg

Anyone have either one and like to give a bit of feedback? I have a new Baitcaster laying around without a reel and was thinking of trying out either one of those before I just buy a Curado and be done with it.

I'm really liking the Spinning version of the Pflueger Patriarch, so Im really hoping for some good reviews on the baitcaster version.

Also, I can find a Chronarch, but I have yet to find a Pflueger Patriarch Baitcaster. Haven't checked Bass Pro, so If anyone has seen one there please let me know.

you already said it

You are gonna buy the Curado so get at it. I have the Calais and love it so I know you will like the Crado for sure.

Geezle
05-31-2012, 06:26 PM

...says the guy who brought out a 10'6" salmon/sturgeon rig out in the boat at Wabamun:sHa_sarcasticlol:

But back on topic, I have a brand bias in favor of Shimano, so the Chronarch gets my vote.

Not really an apples-to-apples comparison but I really enjoy my Caenan :)

Alberta Bigbore
06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
...says the guy who brought out a 10'6" salmon/sturgeon rig out in the boat at Wabamun:sHa_sarcasticlol:

LoL.........so the big one doesn't get away.

chubbdarter
06-01-2012, 12:47 PM
both are decent

but take a look at the KVD burner