PDA

View Full Version : problems with fall away rest

jaybull
03-30-2008, 05:55 PM
I shoot a ripcord fall away and have tried every tuning i could find but still have lots of contact with fletchings.My bow shoots around 300fps and still groups good at 60 yards but no matter what ive tried i still get contact.Could my bow be to fast for this fall away?My arrows are correctly splined,and center shot is correctly tuned,Nock point is tuned.My cams are timed.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Bulletproof
03-30-2008, 09:16 PM
i have no experience with ripcord but go over to archery talk and search and there should be tons of suggestions

Brett

Trav
03-30-2008, 11:39 PM
could be that the rest is not preforming the way it should for droping away. it might need to be made faster for your setup. I would contact the factory and ask them they would know what to do with it. I had a friend who had his start making contact and he had to send it back and they fixed it for him

Goodluck

nicholal
03-31-2008, 07:00 AM
My question to you is ....have you all ways had contact with it or is it new?

Fallaways relay on spring tension to drop. It may be that your spring is weak or may be binding somewhere? Or you may have some string stretch on your draw cord attached to your string.

AL

CNP
03-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Could my bow be to fast for this fall away?

Of all the problems you may have....this is not the cause. I don't have a Ripcord.............so I do not know if you can increase spring tension....raise the rest to at least the height of the berger button....maybe more height is required and ensuring the rest drops completely down when tension is relaxed.........change timing by reducing the length of time the rest stays up. Shoot with cock vane up.......like I said, I don't have a ripcord so I don't know if any of these are possible or what is possible with that rest.

MathewsArcher
03-31-2008, 08:31 AM
The ripcord is prone to bouncing back off the riser causing contact. Slow motion video of many dropaways has proven this to be a problem. The QAD LD is a good drop away that eliminates this problem.

CNP
03-31-2008, 08:57 AM
The ripcord is prone to bouncing back off the riser causing contact. Slow motion video of many dropaways has proven this to be a problem. The QAD LD is a good drop away that eliminates this problem.

ditto for the Muzzy Zero Effect. The use of a fob is conclusive in telling you if you have fob/rest contact.

jaybull
03-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Problem solved,Thanx for help.I pulled the cap of rest and wraped spring one more time.no more contact.:) Paper tuned bow,Shooting tight groups at 60 yards. Now just a couple more weeks and bear hunting.:wave:

huntinggr81
03-31-2008, 05:01 PM
Excellent!

gunslinger
03-31-2008, 07:22 PM
wow guys great info here, i also learned from this thread , thank you

catnthehat
03-31-2008, 08:01 PM
wow guys great info here, i also learned from this thread , thank you

Me too, learned a bit more of why I like to shoot flatbows!!:D :o
Cat