PDA

View Full Version : Oldman River

Zaden
05-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Hello everyone just wondering if anybody fishes the oldman near lethbridge.Maybe some info on locations or what bait to use.Looking for a place to go after work for evenings for some relaxation from the day:)

npauls
05-31-2012, 08:51 PM
ya lots of shore fishing available out there.

Just head down there and chuck a line into the slower waters. Most people are using bait but you can also chuck spoons, spinners, or crank baits and get into fish.

Head down there and explore. You will find some fish all over the place in that river.

DustDee
05-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Just like N said, look for a little back eddy or slower waters. You'll find pike, walleye, goldeye, although the goldeye usually don't show up until July or so.

There are lots of access points along the river. Take a look at google maps and pick a spot.

Have fun.

Dusty

NUK SOO KOW
05-31-2012, 09:28 PM
The whole stretch that runs through the city offeres some great fishing, access at any of the parks and Plenty of Pools. Have a few favourite spots I like to head to!!! Have gotten into some good walleye and when when the goldeye arrive its flyfishing heaven!!!

Badflies
06-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Hey bud,
This is at Indian battle park (notice the bridge behind me). You really don't have to go that far, there are a lot of good access points in the city. See you out there!

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q567/badflies/4bf7ba45.jpg