PDA

View Full Version : missing out on good season

slivers86
06-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Kind of a bummer reading all these threads. I'm missing out on some great fishing, but finishing my yard and working hard instead! I'll post a few pictures of the project as we get it going! A big thanks to the guys on the forum who are helping, you know who you are :)

We'll be on the water soon :)

Kingfisher
06-01-2012, 10:28 PM
I hear ya. I started on a reno project a while ago. Ripped appart my son's shower in the basement. Found more problems than I'd care to mention. So I tore appart the entire thing. Even ripped out the framing. Then I found a problem in the tub above it. So had to fix that first. Finally framed the shower below. Installed new valve and spout for the shower. Insulated, vapor barrier. Then rented a jack hammer and moved the drain to the middle of the shower. Put the gravel out that I dug from the drain area. Cemented in the floor. Built a frame for a step. Now tomorrow I will cement that in. Then I have to install the Aquaboard. After that I will pour my self leveling cement in to level the floor. Then I am installing a ProVa total sealing system with a perfectly tapered floor to the drain and a membrane which totally seals the entire shower. After that I will tile the whole thing. Gawd I need to remind myself from time to time just why I started this project in the first place.

Rob

slivers86
06-01-2012, 10:58 PM
yikes, we should celebrate together when stream season opens... will you be done in time????

fishstix
06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Dont feel bad silver86. Between the house,yard,baby and work. Ive managed one evening out and one early day in april. I have to get some fishing in before july 28. That is when the stork is due to land with baby number two. Before babies and marriage i would fish every weekend day and every noght after work. Now i cant do that.

calgarygringo
06-02-2012, 09:08 AM
Finished the big reno project last week and a Jeep water pump replace for the wife's vehicle so starting today I am going to work on getting the boat ready to go. Maybe if everything goes good I may even sneak out somewhere close for a test run tomorrow if things work out or if not next weekend for sure. A little later than usual but the best fishing is still to come.

slivers86
06-02-2012, 10:03 PM
well seen as I'm not the only one pulled away from my perscribed medication... I don't feel so bad... Got 1 side of the fence posts are in, cemented. Tomorrow we'll get the other side in and cemented, and get started on boarding the side we did today.

Cracked myself in the top of the head with a 6ft pry bar... hurts like hell..

anywho -we'll keep ya updated on the yard project.

tara_13
06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
I'll name my big guy after you !! Its been slow but its only the beginning :)

slivers86
06-04-2012, 11:10 PM
i happen to have june 17-21st off, although I'm thinking I will be constructing a deck at that time :)

Gust
06-04-2012, 11:26 PM
I only managed 5 trips in 6 months. Last week catching a big hen pike on lighter tackle made up for a lot but also got the itch that much itchier. We will head out and get yiu a brown or whatever you like. Just remund yiurself that the reward of fishing is close at hand